POV-- Hebinoya Ikari

After the arena is fixed, another match with Shiozaki and Iida takes place.

Then, it is my turn with Ashido.

I step out, in full view of the thousands of observers for the second time. Cheers ring through the crowd, but this time, more whispers and hushed conversation travel through the arena. I cannot pretend that it is my imagination now, and I stare up into the faces.

The match is quick. Even though Ashido has notable physical strength, her Quirk is not powerful enough to defeat me. She flings acid towards me, but I dodge them easily and manage to flip her out of bounds before I get any nasty burns.

When my victory comes, the same whispers and disapproving glares at the start of the match comes again. I stare up, my heart doing uncertain flips.

Why are they whispering? Did I do something wrong?

To my dismay, my victory is not as satisfying as it seems. I walk off the stadium with a small frown on my face. A foul feeling rises up in me, and I feel sick again. I head off to the bathroom, my mind a strange buzz of thoughts and whispers. I am deep in thought of why the spectators reacted so negatively, but as I stare into the mirror a small part of myself knows why.

They think you're a villain.

Isn't that what I told you, Little Viper?

But I don't let myself think that. I don't let Father's words resonate in my head. If I do, I know that I will crumble. I am already cracked, and the only strings holding me together right now is my determination to win the Sports Festival. If I lose that, I will lose all hope.

I can barely register Bakugou's victory against and Kirishima when I return to the spectator booth.

I'll be facing Bakugou, then...

Iida and Todoroki's match is next. Unsurprisingly, Todoroki wins, ending the match quickly. Even though I had already begun strategizing against Bakugou, this only makes my mind whir even more. I walk towards the arena for the third time, warming my Quirk up.

As I walk in the hallway, Todoroki walks towards me-- just like the day we had brushed past each other, when we both threatened to decapitate the other. For a moment, I consider turning around, but the only other way to the tunnels are a ten minutes' walk away. By then, I will have already missed my entrance for the match. I take a chance, slightly nervous of how he will react. I pass by him without a word, and for a moment I let out a small sigh.

"Hebinoya."

I freeze in my tracks, my eyes widened with guilt and surprise.

"Y... yes?"

"I need to talk to you after you win."

My mind immediately jumps to the worst conclusion possible-- he's going to ridicule me. He's going to humiliate me, he's going to ditch me because I'm a villain. As more and more thoughts rush into my head, another part whispers,

Come on, Ikari. This is Todoroki we're talking about-- not some spectator bent on destroying my reputation.

"Oh... okay. I'll-- I'll see you, okay?" I say breathlessly, and then I run off. A more positive mindset begins to build just when I enter the arena. What if he wants to make up? What if he wants to thank me for pushing him to use his left side?

My hopes begin to rise, and the strange pressure in my chest begin to ebb away. I don't have much time to think much of this as I step out.

I have already become used to the roar and cheer of the crowd. It does not affect me in the slightest as I step up towards the arena, Present Mic making his usual introductions. I watch Bakugou as he stares me down, and I do the same as well.