Summer Camp

"For your amazing knife skills."-- Todoroki Shoto

POV— Hebinoya Ikari

POV— Hebinoya Ikari

Summer Camp

Don't let me go.

Training, has always been apart of my life.

Mother trained me to keep quiet and take a beating.

Shojiro trained me to hide the bruises, and to fight on my own.

Father trained me to fight with my Quirk.

There's nothing left to train anymore.

Don't let me go.

I shovel plate after plate of food in my mouth, my tendency to eat things slowly vanishing. Rice specks cling to my face as I tip my head back and down another bowl of rice, scooping it into my mouth with my chopsticks. I proceed to then shove another few pieces of tonkatsu into my mouth, chewing furiously.

"Sho-yo, you haven't tried this yet, it's amazing—" I say to Shoto beside me, barely audible, "—stop eating all the soba, I want some too, you know..." I don't finish my sentence as I grab another tonkatsu pork cutlet with my chopsticks and put it into Shoto's mouth. Even he is ravenous after a hard day's work of training. He just finished another bowl of soba when I feed him bite after bite of food, intermittently taking some of his own soba.

"Aww, look at you two!" Ashido calls from the other side of the room.

Leave it to her to call all the attention on the only couple in the class, I thought absentmindedly, but I don't respond as I put another tonkatsu piece in Shoto's mouth. I don't care anymore. I want my food and Shoto wants his food too.

"Were you alright when we were fighting the beasts?" Shoto asks, when I have finally stopped stuffing food in his mouth.

"I just loved that they made us fight for eight hours without any breaks," I say. "Just love it. And the best part is that it'll be even worse tomorrow."

"I'm sure we'll all make it through!" Midoriya replies across from me. He's already finished his portion of the tonkatsu and has moved on to other delectable goods. "It'll be great for strengthening our Quirks!" His optimism is nearly contagious as Iida joins in as well, glasses flashing.

"It will be greatly beneficial for us, especially in such restless times. The attack of the League of Villains will not squander our abilities to grow," he says.

As for me, physical training was never enjoyable. I've had my fair share of pain under Father's command, but he never went to these extents. Aside from physical drills, he rehearsed me in maths, sciences, and more. Alessia only trained me for three to four hours on end. Never had I been through so much exercise in one go. Even now, my muscles ache.