Dinner

"How do you... forget painful memories?"-- Ikari Hebinoya

 forget painful memories?"-- Ikari Hebinoya

*warning: mention of abuse

POV—Hebinoya Ikari

Dinner

Don't let me go.

That stupid pretty boy.

I'm going to kill him for making me feel like this.

You hear me?

I'll kiss—

No, I mean— kill you!

Don't let me go.

A floating, surrealistic feeling begins to bloom in my chest. I can feel it spreading, no matter how hard I try to stop it. My back is beginning to get sore from how hard I had pressed it into the door, and my chest rises up and now, my breathing heavy from the shock I had just received.

Some part of me wonders why I am feeling this way— it was just a simple misunderstanding. That's it.

Strangely enough, I've never felt so many things at the same time before. The best way I can describe it is a mix between nervousness, fear, and something that makes my heart pound. I grimace slightly-- I can feel that this feeling makes me feel weak. I don't want myself to feel like this whenever Todoroki says something like this. I am already beginning to hate this feeling, and I want nothing more but to get rid of it.

Obviously, Todoroki didn't realize the other hidden meaning behind his words.

My mind refuses to believe that the interaction I just had with him was real. Gratefully, after I begin to calm down, I realize that I haven't felt so much emotion since before the villain attack. He caught me so suddenly that I just reacted purely on instinct. The thought of facing him again just makes my face turn red once more.

"Go away, stupid blush--" I snark, patting my face lightly to try and force the red to go away.

It doesn't.

The more I try to force it out, the angrier I get when it doesn't do what I want. I employ different strategies like trying to rub it away and washing it away with water, but none of them work. I angrily whisper at myself until, after minutes of waiting, the crimson finally ebbs away. I deem that as good enough for reappearance, and I gather myself up(after all, I can't hide in here forever).

I struggle into the plain white shirt Todoroki gave me. It smells of mint and something else I can't really place, along with deodorant.

Is this his shirt?

For some reason, this thought makes my heart skip a beat, which then makes me mad at myself all over again.

Stop it, Ikari. Get a grip. Get a grip.