Part 6

Part 6

Y/N's POV

Mr. Kim dragged me out of the rooftop. I was trying to free my hand but he was way too strong. "Mr. Kim, let me go." I said. He stopped on his tracks and looked at me. His stare was very deep and intense. He slowly released my hand and spoke, "I'm so sorry Y/N." Then he knelt in front of me and touched my hands, "I'm so sorry for acting such an a**hole towards you." I could hear his shaky voice but I still didn't get what he was trying to say. "Mr. Kim," I said taking my hands from him. Then continued, "It's me who should be apologizing." He stood up, meeting my eyes. Why does it feel so familiar? His stare. His pleading eyes. The way he speaks. "Y/N, it's me." He said confidently. "The Ki Chang Wook that you've dated, and the CEO Kim Taehyung, are the same person."

I gasped with my hands covering my mouth. Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes but I was able to hold them back. "That's impossible," I spoke under my breath. "It is," the person in front of me let out a weak smile.

Flashback – Five Years Ago

Taehyung's POV

My twin brother and I met again. This time he was driving this classy speedy car, while I sat on the passenger's seat. "Is this how you spend your money?" I teased him. "You can have it," he motioned with his hand as he removed his expensive sunglasses, placing it in the cup holder near the gear lever. "I'm just joking Chang Wook," I chuckled. "Seriously Taehyung, you can have it." A sad smile was plastered on his face. "Everything that I own are under your name," he added. "How could that be?" I asked. "Remember? I'm the real Chang Wook. And you're Taehyung," he said as we turned right. Then in just a flash, I heard a loud crashing sound. Another car collided with ours, but the driver of the other car immediately fled from the scene. I panicked after seeing Chang Wook's unmoving body. The part of the car where he was seated was badly damaged and I could see blood all over his body. "Chang Wook, wake up." I managed to speak in my shaky voice but he didn't respond. I tried to reach for him but I felt so weak. Everything was starting to become blurry.

Timeskip – Present Time

Taehyung's POV

"I don't believe you." Those were the only words she said but why does it hurt? "It's really me, Y/N." I spoke while taking a few steps closer to her. But she stopped me when she said, "You're not him."

"What should I do to prove it to you?" My voice was pleading but she kept silent. She seemed to be studying my face. "It's really me Y/N."

"Mr. Kim Taehyung," she finally spoke but her voice was toneless. "My boyfriend died a few years ago. You're not him. He won't even act rude towards me."

"I'm really sorry Y/N," I held her hands again, but she immediately pushed me away. "I have quitted the job Mr. Kim. Today is my last day at Kim Hub Technologies." Her eyes held no emotions. Why don't you recognize me Y/N? She took a step back before bowing, "Thank you for still accepting me in this company after seeing my flaws." With that she turned her heels and walked away from me. It's really me Y/N.

Y/N's POV

It's really him. I felt it. Tears were streaming down my face as I walked towards the exit. Every step I took felt so heavy. It was like my heart didn't want me to leave the place. To leave him. But my mind was all set. I want to start anew in a place where no one knows me.

Jungkook's POV

My feet led me to Mr. Kim's office. Miss Mia tried to stop me but I told her it was something important. I harshly pushed the door in front of me. "Mr. Kim," I gritted my teeth as I spoke. He lifted his head up and told his secretary to leave us alone.