Part 3

Flashback – Twenty Years Ago

Author's POV

After the incident, Chang Wook and Taehyung were brought to the orphanage. A few months later, Taehyung was taken for adoption while Chang Wook was left behind. The twin brothers thought that no one can separate them. But with the sudden twist of fate, Taehyung was taken by a rich couple who always wanted to have a child of their own. And adoption was the only way for them.

Soon, their aunt, found their whereabouts. However, it was too late. But what mattered that most to her was that, she was able to take one of her nephews back.

Timeskip - Present Time

Y/N's POV

"Jungkook," I quietly called my best friend's name while Mr. Kim was looking away. They were actually standing beside each other, but Mr. Kim was talking to someone on his phone. "Why is he still here?" I asked almost whispering.

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know."

"Hey Y/N, are you feeling much better?" The man in expensive suit turned to me and he sounded more worried than my best friend.

"A bit better," I gulped as he sat beside me on the hospital bed. While, here I was lying comfortably. He stared intently into my eyes and suddenly, I felt something. It was like my heart skipped a beat. It felt familiar. Out of nowhere, my head hurt like hell. Jungkook quickly called the doctor, and I could see Mr. Kim talking to me but I cannot hear a word he said. Why is he suddenly becoming blurry?

Flashback – Five Years Ago

Y/N's POV

Endless crying and sleepless nights. That's what I felt after my boyfriend's passing. I almost gave up on life. He meant the world to me.

"Y/N," I heard my older brother called my name. He sat on the couch beside me, while I was just staring on the TV screen in front of me. "Yeah?" I looked down and hugged the pillow that I was holding. "I hate to see you like this," he sounded so sad and defeated.

I tried to smile but a tear dropped on my face. "Chang Wook, will be back soon right?"

"Y/N?" He looked so confused with my question.

"Yeah," I said while convincing myself. "He'll be back soon."

"Y/N, he won-"

"He told me to wait for him Hoseok," I looked at my brother as he pitied me. "I can always wait for him."

Timeskip - Present Time

Jungkook's POV

Mr. Kim received a phone call from Mia. He was hesitant to leave at first, but I told him that I can take care of the things here. As soon as he was out, I took the empty chair and sat beside the hospital bed where Y/N was sleeping. I caressed her cold hand then spoke in a low voice, "Yeah... Mr. Kim Taehyung looks like the person you've loved. I'm sorry for not telling you."

I looked at her sleeping figure. She looked so innocent and fragile. "I'm really sorry Y/N. I just want to protect you."

Y/N's POV

I took two days off after I was sent to the hospital. Now that I was back to work, Mr. Kang made sure that I will make up to it, by giving me a lot of tasks. And when I said a lot, I might end up doing an overtime work. True enough! Jungkook was telling me that these documents can wait tomorrow, but I didn't want more tasks tomorrow. So, I'm still here doing my best not to fall asleep, not even a nap. "Maybe a little bit of coffee will help?" I mumbled to myself as I stood up from my station, to make myself a nice warm coffee in the pantry.