Chapter 35: My Happy Ending

(Please play the music on the multimedia.)

Here we stand today
Like we always dreamed
Starting out our life together
Light is in your eyes
Love is in our heart
I can't believe you're really mine forever

I took a deep breath breath as I held my Dad's hand. Today is the day when I am finally marrying the man I truly love. The aisle was decorated with beautiful flowers and ribbons. I looked in front and saw the love of my life. He was wearing a black tuxedo and his eyes were fixed on mine.

Been rehearsin' for this moment all my life
So don't act surprised
If the feeling starts to carry me away

I slowly walked towards him. Nung nasa harapan na kami ay nagmano si Justin kay Daddy at Mommy bago abutin ang kamay ko. Tumayo kaming dalawa sa harap ng pari.

On this day
I promise forever
On this day
I surrender my heart
Here I stand, take my hand
And I will honor every word that I say
On this day

When the song ended, we sat in the seat provided for us. Then the priest began with the ceremony.

"In the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here today for one of the happiest occasions in all human life, to celebrate before God the marriage of a man and woman who love each other. Marriage is a most honorable estate, created and Instituted by God, signifying unto us the mystical union, which also exists between Christ and the Church; so too may this marriage be adorned by true and abiding love."

I glanced at Justin and found him staring at me too.

"Sydney and Justin, although life is a gift given to each of us as individuals, we also learn to live together in harmony. Love is a gift to us from our family and friends. Through these gifts of love we learn to ourselves to gift it back. Learning to love and live together is one of life's greatest challenges and is the shared goal of a married life."

"Mankind did not create love; love is created by God. Therefore, a husband and wife should not confuse love of worldly things with that of Godly love of one another. For even if worldly success is found, only love for one another will maintain a marriage. The measure of true love is a love both freely given and freely accepted, just as God's love is unconditional and free."

"Today is truly a glorious day which the Lord hath made - as today both of you are blessed with God's greatest of all gifts - the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today - and those here in heart - wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success the world has to offer."

We were holding each other's hand so tightly as we listen to the priest. The love we have is overflowing. After a few moments, we exchanged our vows.

He looked at me intently and held my hand.

"Marrying you is a dream come true for me. And if this is a dream, I would never want to wake up again. You taught me how to love. You taught me the importance of honesty and communication in a relationship. There may be a lot of things I regret, but meeting you is not one of them. You literally gave meaning to my life. And so this day, I want to fulfill my greatest wish. And that is to spend a lifetime with you. I cannot promise that I will not make you cry, but I will always be there to wipe your tears, to kiss all your worries away and to care for you when you are sick. I promise to forever stay by your side. I promise to always make your happiness my priority. I, Marc Justin Villegas, take you, Sydney Krystalline Yson, to be my lawfully wedded wife, for better or worse, in sickness and health, in plenty and want, to stand together in our times of joy and sorrow, always to be faithful to you. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. I love you."