Thirty-Two

He was exhausted. Filming for the newest episode had taken twice as long as it should have, then he had to go to vocal lessons, work on a few songs, and fit in a dry-run of the scene he was doing for a different drama tomorrow. He hadn't had lunch and couldn't even think of eating dinner so late at night, his eyes refusing to stay open while his manger drove him home. Getting inside and into his bed was a blur, that was thankfully done on his own, too tired to realize he was at the dorm and not his own apartment. Jinyoung couldn't even bother to shower before falling asleep.

He was woken up by a timid knock in the middle of the night, a pair of wide curious eyes and head of (slightly grown out) blonde hair peeking in, followed by a shuffling sound. The person attempting to sneak into bed with him without actually waking him (even if that plan failed). Faking asleep, he moved a little further to the right of the bed leaving some room for his uninvited guest.

"Night, 'Nyoungie." A very soft voice called into the room before snuggling into him and falling asleep.

Feeling himself melt a little the black-haired man wrapped the male in his arms and sighed contently. "Night, Mark-hyung." He whispered back, falling straight back to sleep.

The next morning found Jinyoung wrapped around his Hyung in a protective embrace while the older was sleeping peacefully, clinging to his shirt like an infant. It was too early for the American to be awake so he tried to escape but was met with a loud whine and his shirt being tugged until he came back. Frowning he decided to gently wake the older in the hopes of being able to leave.

That plan immediately backfired when he was met with watery eyes and a pout that could put any toddler to shame. "Shh... I know, I know... go back to sleep..." he cooed, hoping that would help. Giving the blonde his pillow also appeasing the older, who immediately snuggled into the warmth with a sad sigh. "Go back to sleep, I'll be back later tonight, my shoot will be over early." He whispered, hoping the lie would come true, not at all enjoying his normally unwavering Hyung look so distraught. Mark only nodded and pushed his face into Jinyoung's pillow, falling back to sleep.

Sighing he raced to the bathroom where he quickly showered and got ready before grabbing an apple and heading out to his manager, who had a car waiting for them. Their day supposedly more busy than the one before.

Jinyoung couldn't help but feel bad, his best friend/older brother had just been released from the hospital and was trying to get back to full health. His mental state was clearly not where it should be, and he hadn't been there to help out. Mark was always there for him, it didn't matter what was going on in the older's life, he made sure he was available for his dongsaengs, and how was Jinyoung repaying him? By keeping himself so busy he didn't have time to think about his own guilt over the situation, after all it had all started going downhill after that night Mark and him had talked about his place among them.

"Jinyoung-ssi!" A sweet, older woman called. "We're ready for you." She smiled before bowing to him and walking towards the set.

Letting out another sigh, he pushed his feelings aside and got ready for the scene.

Three takes and a scolding later, he was back in the stylist chair getting the makeup removed and reapplied for the interview he would be going to next. He pulled out his phone and typed a quick text to Jaeboem in the hopes that Mark was having a better day.

His phone immediately started ringing with a video call request. Smiling at his phone he tried to hide his exhausted state and show only his best side.

"Hey hyung!" He called joyfully, truly grateful for his leader's call.

"'Nyoungie-ah!" He replied, his eyes twinkling brightly as he was sat in the dorm's lounge. "How is filming? Are you taking breaks regularly? Have you had lunch? Are you sleeping enough, you look tired. Do I need to cancel you vocal lesson today? You know what, I'm doing that." The older rattled off, not allowing the younger to reply. "Listen, Mark said something about you being here tonight, which is great, because BamBam comes home tonight and we were going to throw a party for him." He again, went forward, not giving Jinyoung room to speak. "We need you to be here. BamBam and Mark have been in bad places mentally and we need to show them that we're all there for them no matter what. I'm counting on you to be here." He said, his stern leader voice and furrowed brows further proving the severity of their situation.

Jinyoung went to open his mouth but was quickly cut off. "I already texted your manager, vocal lessons have been canceled and the read through for your interview on Thursday has been moved to later on tomorrow." The male said, his eyes challenging as he dared the black-haired male to speak in the negative. When the silence continued for another few seconds he nodded, "Good, we'll be expecting you." and with that the call ended, leaving Jinyoung to feel even more tired.