Twenty-Nine

The day he'd been waiting for was finally here. Mark was being released from the hospital and was set to go home. He was still extremely malnourished, paler than normal, and had become the shy and extremely quiet male they'd all known when he first arrived in Korea... but he was being released! As he sat on the bed waiting for the nurse to bring in a wheelchair he looked over the room he'd spent the last two months in.

Feelings of terror and doubt filled him. Why hadn't they visited him? Did they hate him for pushing the comeback preparations? Did Jackson and Jaebeom tell them about Little Markie? Did they think he was weird and gross? Was he going to be asked to leave? Oh go-

His thoughts were interrupted by a tap on his shoulder. A middle aged woman with streaks of gray in her auburn hair, gentle light brown eyes framed by thick lashes, and laugh lines prominent on her face stood beside him. She was average height and weight, a little on the plump side, she didnt have a ring on her finger but her aura screamed motherly in a way he knew he had been missing from his own mother. She wore a pair of navy blue scrubs, her name tag clipped into the neckline. A wheelchair parked a few steps away. Her light brown eyes were staring at him warily as she waited for him to move, more than likely worried he'd faint as soon as he stood up.

Taking a few deep breaths he slowly rose to his feet, surprisingly steady as he walked to the wheelchair. His strength not quite 100% but he was getting there. Once sat down, he found himself winded, his stamina having gone down in the months left on bed rest. She got him situated, handing him a hat and pair of sunglasses for when they made it to the parking garage. His illness having made headlines and caused a controversy in JYP Entertainment, again. Fans and reporters alike wanting to catch a glimpse of the male who'd stopped GOT7 from their most recent comeback. He was told Jackson and Jaebeom were already waiting in the car with the others. This thought scared him the most. The last two months of Little Space had done him wonders, allowing the stress and obligations to leave his mind, but now that he was going back the thoughts of hiding away again, of forcing himself Big became prevalent.

In the elevator the nurse's pager began beeping, pulling each from their thoughts. Pushing the button for the next floor they got off quickly making their way to the nurses station where she was informed the parking garage had been over run by reporters. The police, hospital security, and JYP Entertainment staff were having trouble keeping them from entering the building. This statement almost sent Mark into a panic attack. His thoughts flying around too fast to pick up and reflect on. Luckily his nurse seemed to realize this. Pulling them into an empty room and crouching in front of him.

"Hey, you're okay. Just breathe, that's it. In through your nose and hold for three seconds, then out through you mouth." She coached gently, her hand on his frail knee, their eyes locked together with a gentle smile on her face. He could see how beautiful she used to be picturing her younger, stress-free long auburn locks falling around a smiling face. He focused on that, the thoughts of the woman crouching in front of him as a young adult, giving his mind something to concentrate on while he got his breathing under control.

It seemed to do the trick as his mind began to clear, his heart slowing down, the tightness in his throat and chest relaxing enough for him to swallow deep breaths. "Thank you." He whispered, looking down as his cheeks flushed pink in embarrassment.

"Of course, darling." She soothed, giving his knee a reassuring squeeze, before making a production of getting up, groaning loudly and huffing, mumbling about being too old, drawing a laugh from the idol as she'd intended. Her smile growing brilliantly hearing his poorly concealed chuckles. "Alright, are you okay enough to get moving, or do you need a few more minutes?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

He thought for a second, letting himself breathe and get himself in order. "I'm ready." He said, determination coloring his tone.

"That's the spirit." She said, moving around to the back of his chair. "If it gets too much let me know and I'll stop alright?" He nodded feeling extremely grateful for this woman's patience.

The walk back to the hallway was uneventful, once they made it to the elevator and began descending again his nerves came back. His nurse doing a great job of distracting him with stories of her youth and the travels she'd been on. Her voice becoming a soothing balm in the small space. Her stories following them all the way to the loading bay where his ride was waiting. The area quiet, the van nestled between two semitrucks that had been unloaded and were waiting to leave. He was sad to part with the woman, making sure to get her name (Lee Jimin) and promising to visit once he was better. This earned him such a radiant smile, he almost blurted that she put Youngjae to shame. He was sad to leave her, but knew the real world was waiting for him.

He knew the responsibility of six other people would soon rest on his shoulders once more, along with the role he played as an idol, songwriter, and producer. Meetings and workouts no doubt planned for him as soon as his weight was up. Rehearsals and variety shows lined up the second he make-up could hide just how sick he truly was. But this was what he'd signed up for, this was his life and he only hoped he wouldn't find himself drowning once more.