Sixteen

Mark stayed in the conference room with J.Y. Park. After his panic attack he'd grown even more pale and shaky, causing alarm. They'd called for Jisoo -the same doctor who had taken care of him at the dorm- Jackson asking for him specifically before he was forced to hang up the phone and start getting his things together to head back to Seoul, not hearing the questions asked by anyone.

Mark hadn't said a single word, his eyes focused only on the wall opposite him. They would glaze over for a minute before he'd squeeze them shut and when they reopened it was the same cold, lifeless, empty expression he'd worn when he had arrived. The face mask had been pulled down during his panic attack and was now resting under his chin showcasing his sallow face and sunken cheeks. His shaky hands were sat in his lap unmoving.

When Jisoo arrived he was shocked to see how bad Mark was. "Do you mind, Park-ssi?" He quietly asked, his eyes focused on Mark. Giving a shake of his head he stood up, leaving the two alone. "Hello, I don't know if you remember me." Jisoo said as he pulled out his flashlight, stethoscope, and blood pressure cuff. "My name is Kim Jisoo. I helped when you burnt your chest." He spoke so softly, his movement slow and hands out where Mark could see them. As if dealing with a scared and injured animal.

Mark hadn't even looked away from the wall, still fighting off headspace. He didn't even look at the man speaking to him, he didn't dare. He was just so tired. He didn't want to be a freak, didn't want to be the oldest, didn't want to be the one to take care of everyone all the time, didn't want to be anything at this point. He flinched away from the physician's cold hands, scared of what this person was going to ask for, he had nothing left to give.

"Oh, Markie." He sympathized, before trying again this time calmly asking for his arm first. "Can I borrow you arm, I just want to check something."

Knowing there had been something, Mark weakly offered his arm. Not caring enough if the man was here to literally take his arm. He leaned his head back against the chair with a tired sigh. Not aware that he'd closed his eyes due to exhaustion, nor that this physician had been helping ease him into his headspace.

"Thank you, Markie. You're such a brave boy." Jisoo said, give a sincere smile. He knew what the idol needed most was Little space, and he'd be damned if he didn't get the younger into it. "Can uncle see your eyes now? You're being such a good boy, so patient for me. Thank you." He continued, gently putting his hand on Mark's face to turn it towards himself. He then checked his tonsils, pulled out a thermometer that ran across his forehead, and then checked his breathing by placing his stethoscope against his chest. Helping the male sit forward he pressed the tool against his back as well. Giving praises the whole time, making sure to keep his tone even and soft, his hands gently moving Mark's body, avoiding straining his muscles further. "Has Markie been Little?" He asked, feeling Mark flinch once again, the gentle handling and soft praises had been helping, until the question had been asked.

"N-No, I ha-hav-haven't bee-n." He stuttered out, his tears falling without even knowing. His mind was too exhausted to even wonder how this man knew he was a Little, let alone know Mark hadn't regressed. "I can-can't b-be-be." He mumbled too quietly for the other to hear.

"Oh, Markie." He breathed, pulling the frail boy into a hug. "You can be Little, I'll watch you until your members or Jackson get here." He coaxed, hoping the drop wouldn't be traumatizing, because there would be no subtle slip into his headspace.

Mark pushed out of the hug, curling into a ball on the chair, hiding his face in his knees. "No! I can't be Little!" He said, his voice determined. "I have to be Big!" He was shaking from the efforts of staying Big, his mind and body knowing he needed to regress. The strain was enough to make him terrified of slipping, he knew putting it off for so long would make it worse when he finally did fall into it.

There was only one way he thought to get Mark to fall into Little space, and he hoped it wouldn't hurt the male more. "Markie, Jackson is going to be so upset with you for not taking care of yourself. He's coming to get you right now, do you want to make him sad?"

Mark's whole body shuddered before it froze. Large doe eyes peeking out from over his knees, his cap successfully ensuring only his eyes were seen. "Baba mad?" He asked, not aware that he was speaking a mix of Mandarin and English.

Luckily Jisoo knew basic English. "No Baba sad." He reached out slowly offering his hand. Markie looked from his hand to his face, assessing the man.

"I trouble?" He asked, grasping the hand. He enjoyed the touch, having been shying away from physical contact for weeks.

"I'll talk to Baba. Markie good boy." He said, watching Mark as he inspected his hand, bending fingers and then straightening them, getting excited each time. He giggled when Jisoo's index finger wouldn't straighten, looking up to the man adorably before yawning. "Tired?" Jisoo asked, smiling at Markie adoringly.

"S'eep?" He asked, clinging to the hand. He didn't want to be left alone again, not after the weeks of self-imposed isolation. Jisoo nodded, scooting closer. He texted J.Y. Park to let him know when Mark had fallen asleep.

It didn't take long for the man to sneak inside. His eyes immediately falling to Mark's thin frame. "So?" He asked quietly.

"It's worse than I thought. His blood pressure is too high, his hands and I'm assuming feet aren't getting the proper circulation, his resting heart rate is dangerously fast. We're lucky he hasn't had a heart attack yet." Jisoo stated, "He also seems a bit...scared... Of what I'm not sure, but Park-ssi, this has to stop."

Letting out a sigh he nodded. "I didn't think it had gotten that bad, he'd been cleared by the psychiatrist and only allowed to work out a few hours, we've been monitoring him. When Armadillo told me Mark had been camping out in the studio I just thought he had sudden inspiration. Not that he was hiding away and refusing to take care of himself. However when Chan-Hee told me how much weight he'd lost, I grew suspicious. Seeing him today...I can't believe I let it get this far."

"You're running a large company, we understand you couldn't drop everything and check on Mark, I also understand they're preparing for a comeback. It's natural for you to assume the stress is the cause of all that." Jisoo tried to console. His free hand rubbing up and down Markie's arm, in a comforting manner. Knowing he needed sleep more than anything. "I suggest you pull Mark from comeback. He needs to get his health up. He could die if this continues."

J.Y. Park nodded. "I'll go tell Jaebeom. What do you need to do with Mark?" He asked, eyes falling to his curled up figure. He wanted to coo, the younger had fallen asleep curled in a ball, his hands peeking out to hold onto Jisoo's, the hat he'd been wearing was pushed up so his blonde hair could escape. He looked so soft and so vulnerable.

"I'm taking him to the hospital he needs fluids and rest. He should be let go later today. When did Jackson say he was landing?"

This earned a chuckle. "He didn't. He was so concentrated on you being the one to look over Mark, he never said anything about a flight."