Reflection.

2 months later...

"Jessica what are you doing?" Gillis asked putting one hand on his hip.

Jessica sat in front of the dressing mirror with a container of black gel. She dipped her fingers into the container, scooping up some of its content then applied it to the front of hair. Jesica looked at Gillis through the mirror and hissed loudly before she continued her routine.

"Jessica is this necess—"

"Oh-ho Gillis!" She snapped as she turned around sharply, "What is it nah? What is it! What is your problem this early morning?"

"My problem is why are you packing that insane amount of gel on your forehead," he said.

"Ogbeni can you not see that my hair is receding? Or what would you rather I follow you to the airport looking like a bald monkey?" She retorted.

"And you think you painting this thing on your head looking like Rambo-gone-wrong is better than a bald monkey?"

"It's not your fault," she shrugged, "Is me that answered you. Sorry."

He sighed. And he said dealing with three months pregnant Jessica was tasking, five months pregnant Jessica is a nightmare. She was extremely cranky, moody, sarcastic and self-conscious.

"Jessica," Gillis cooed coming up behind her. He rubbed her shoulders and said, "I've told you that you look fine babe."

"I don't!" She snapped shrugging off his hands, "Stop patronizing me, Gillis. Look at me, my nose has enlarged, my feet is swollen and now my damn hair line is starting at the middle of my bloody head."

Gillis sighed, "Jessica—"

"Gillis just stop, okay? Stop!" She rose to her feet, slamming the gel container on the table before walking away from it. She purposely bumped into him before climbing on their bed.

Gillis stood back watching her as she slid in under the covers, muttering and wrapping her arms under her breast in anger. He stared at her in frustration, he didn't like how she was acting but he didn't voice it out.

With a heavy sigh, he continued folding his clothes.

He folded the shirt in his hands neatly and he tucked it into his traveling box. Later today, Gillis would be traveling to Germany for the second half of the Crafts Competition and he would be gone for three months. The visa and expenses for the entire trip was covered by the sponsors of the convention for the Gi-Tech team and for the remaining top five winners.

Gillis was excited for the trip but Jessica's mood swings was dampening his mood.

"So you're not going to say anything?" Jessica said.

He turned back to her then turned away again with scoff.

"You're now giving me silent treat—"

"Jessica biko," he threw the trouser he wanted to fold over his shoulder and clasped his hands together, rubbing them as he pleaded, "Jessica please, please and please, I'm not in the mood for that...that...that thing you want to do now so please just stop, biko, just drop it."

She sat up on the bed, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

He simply ignored her, pulling the trouser off from his shoulder and folding it into his box.