Divide and Conquer

Start from the beginning

She didn't miss the fact that he was avoiding and turning down all her advances. He returned the excess money she offered him and whenever she paid a visit to his office, he would tell someone else to attend to her.

However today, there was no escape.

She snapped her fingers and the waiter holding a tray of red wine rushed to her side. She took a glass of red wine from the tray and replaced it with the glass of white wine she was drinking previously.

As the waiter left, she brushed up her Senegalese twists with her hands, pulled down her dress so that the plunging neckline could reveal even more cleavage and then she was good to go.

She walked closer to where he stood and purposely ran into him making her wine spill on her, staining the nude fabric of her dress.

"Shit!" She cussed out in annoyance.

Gillis, who was ignorant of her plot, jumped into action with his white handkerchief, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," she sighed.

"I'm so sorry," he said and as he attempted to wipe the wine off her chest, his hand came in contact with her boobs. Gillis didn't just retract his hand, he threw himself backward and ended up colliding with the person behind him.

"Will you watch where you're going?" The man curtly said, "What are you, blind?"

"I'm sorry," Gillis apologized. He felt embarrassed by the mans utterances and didn't want to make a scene at the event.

"Sorry for yourself," the man hissed, walking out of the scene.

Gillis facepalmed, "Why are you so clumsy?" He soliloquized.

"Hey," Susanna called tapping his broad shoulder with her slender fingers, "I'm sure you've heard the saying; 'to err is human...', right?" He nodded, "Then don't sweat it, that one is just making noise because the tailor that sewed his trouser put bow on his bumbum." She shrugged.

Gillis laughed at her remark, "What does that even mean?"

She was lost momentarily dazing at his beauty as he laughed but she quickly regained herself and said, "I was just messing around. So how are you?"

"I should be asking you that," he said, "especially after ruining your dress."

"Well, now you say it, I guess you do owe me a drink," she said with a lopsided grin, "well, in my opinion it's only fair since you made me spill it."

He chuckled, "And that would be what? Your 13th glass tonight? I don't think so."

"13th?" She smiled, closing the space between them, "Are you spying on me now, Mr Gillis?" She sexily drawled out his name and bit down her lip in excitement due to his confession.

Gillis wasn't necessarily spying on her, he had caught her staring at him several times tonight through his peripheral vision and that was simply how he knew how many glasses of wine she had drunk.

"Well, it's not like I was spying on you," he started while rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment, "I just noticed that you like drinking. I mean you were drinking when we first met, when you came to my office and even right now."