39

-Make Me Proud by Drake featuring Nicki Minaj-

Yvette Bailey was one of the most popular talk show hosts in the industry and Denise's favorite interviewer. 

She never messed an interview with Yvette if she didn't have to.

Denise and Yvette were very different and had contrasting views on a lot of things.

Still, Yvette was one of the few celebrities in the industry to respect, support, and really show love to Denise.

Compulsive Essence was successful, and the boys were loved.

But when it came to Denise, she either hit it off with other people in the industry, or she wasn't liked at all - most of the time by women. 

Aside from music, Denise and Mark's relationship was often discussed transparently on their part.

Denise's view of love and relationships had changed since being with Mark.

So, many women didn't like that Denise didn't share the same perspective as them in which it pertains to relationships with men.

She wasn't with the whole casual sex culture.

She believed that waiting until marriage or knowing you want a serious relationship with someone before having sex was beneficial, emotionally, and mentally safer.

Denise never spoke from a place of judgment. Instead, she recounted her own experiences before Mark. And for her, multiple sex partners did her a lot more harm than it ever did good.

She also considered that she might have a daughter one day and had little girls looking up to her.

It would break her heart if her daughter gave her body away to men who didn't care about her and the same with her young fans.

Despite never passing judgment on anyone and only talking from her own experience, Denise was seen as a problem.

As some anti-feminists who hated her gender and "catered to the patriarchy."

Denise was all about free will and doing whatever you want, but she also had no problem being the one, to tell the truth. And the fact was just because you can do whatever you want, doesn't mean you should.

On top of it all, Denise had this up and down relationship with the black community. Being married to Mark already put her in the dog house.

Just when she thought she couldn't get any more disowned by "her people," she was considered out of touch because she had many problems in her life, and being black and white people weren't one of them.

Denise was not at all out of touch. She felt bad for any black person that had a bad experience with a white person.

However, she could not let their experience make her bash white people on the internet or in general.

Not when her husband and the majority of her family were white.

She would be the first person to call out a white person if they did something wrong, but she wouldn't group white people as a whole.

Imagine if Mark got into an altercation with a black person, proceeded to get on social media, and went on a rant about black people.

It would be unacceptable and rude to group a whole race because he had issues with one person. Not to mention his wife was black.

It was the same thing Denise dealt with when they got famous on YouTube.

Her blackness continued to be questioned, as well as who's "side" she was on.