Chapter 16 - Triplets

Six feet started kicking my stomach. I clenched my stomach and leaned over towards Calum then said, "Cal, babe, I'm sorry to ruin his, but I- I think the babies are coming.."

~

"What!?" He freaked out and I nodded. "We need to get you to the hospital!!"

"Yeah." I said, then Calum made an announcement on the mic really quick, "Hey everybody! Um, we think the triplets are coming.." We got gasps from the crowd, "we're gonna leave to go to the hospital. And any of you are welcome to come!! Okay, um, wish us good luck, and we'll see you later!" We then walked around the house to the car. We got into the car, and Calum stepped on it. We were going really fast.

We got to the hospital in a whopping three minutes. It would usually take seven to ten to get there, but no. Not when I was pregnant and ready to have the babies. We showed up with me in my wedding dress and Calum in his tuxedo. I could hardly even walk, but Calum carried me bridal style (pretty convenient, huh?) into the hospital. He yelled for a doctor, and a few came rushing out. They took me in for an emergency c-section. But first, I had to change out of my dress into a hospital gown. They wheeled me into the room, and they began to numb my back, and put the shot into my back. Calum crouched down next to me with one of those pretty much full-body suits that the father gets when a c-section is being preformed on his wife. He had a surgical mask on too. He pulled it down to say, "It's okay, Mak. It'll be fine," he encouraged.

"Mhm" was all I could say from the pain. They then had me lay down, and they started the surgery. I thought Calum wouldn't want to look, but that's all he was doing. That, and he was holding my hand. He would kiss my forehead every once in a while. First, they yelled out, "Baby B! It's a girl!!" One of the nurses then brought her behind the curtain separating my face and my stomach to show me. She was so beautiful. She looked like Calum. They then took her away to clean her off and weigh and measure her. I didn't even get to hold her, but I would be doing that a lot soon. Next, they yelled, "Baby A!! It's a boy!!" Another nurse showed me our baby boy like she did our first little girl. He looked exactly like Calum: dark hair, brown eyes, and they had the same lips. He had my nose, though. She took him away after us seeing him, and and the doctors yelled once more, "Baby C!! It's a girl!!". The last baby had been born. She was so beautiful, and again, she looked like Calum. You could tell that these were not Luke's children. They were definitely Calum's. Once they got the first girl (baby B) cleaned off and checked and weighed, they brought her back to us.

"Baby B weighs 4 pounds, 14 ounces, and is 17 inches long. She was born at 6:04" The nurse told Calum and me, handing her to me. Calum and I had already discussed names, but we never chose.

"How about Peyton Myah? That sounds cute" I said, looking at one of my daughters.

"Yeah. It does." Calum then smiled at her.

Next a nurse brought our little boy back in, "Baby A weighs 5 pounds even, and is 18 inches long. She was born at 6:07." She told us, then handed him to Calum.

"Carter Thomas" Calum smiled at him.

"That's cute" I said.

"Yeah"

Once again, a nurse brought over our other baby girl. She handed her to me, and said, "Baby C weighs 4 pounds 10 ounces, and is 16 1/2 inches long. She was born at 6:09"

Calum and I looked at her, and at the exact same time said, "Emma"

I giggled, and said, "I like that name too, Cal"

"yeah?"

"Yeah"

"What about her middle name?"

"How about mine? Emma Cameron? That sounds cute"

"Mhm" Calum said, looking at Emma. Then, a nurse came over to ask for the babies' names and the parents' names for the birth certificate. We told them, and another nurse came up to us saying that the triplets had to get wristbands with their names on it and their parents names. One asked, "Baby A?"

"Carter Thomas Hood and the parents' names - Mum: Makenna Cameron Hood, Dad: Calum Thomas Hood." Calum told the nurse.

"Baby B?" Another asked.

Calum answered again, "Peyton Myah Hood and the parents' names - Mum: Makenna Cameron Hood, Dad: Calum Thomas Hood."

"And Baby C?" The last asked.

Once more, Calum told her, "Emma Cameron Hood and the parents' names - Mum: Makenna Cameron Hood, Dad: Calum Thomas Hood"

Next, they took me into a room after stitching my stomach back up. Carter, Peyton, and Emma were being tested on. My dad came in to see me.

"Hey sweetie. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine, I guess"

"How'd the surgery go?"

"Good"

"That's good. So where are the triplets?"

"They're being tested on. They won't have to be in the NICU for long, but they will be for a few days. They should be done with the tests soon, and we will be able to go in and see them."

"Oh, okay. What did you guys name them?"

Calum answered that, "Baby A is Carter Thomas, Baby B is Peyton Myah, Baby C is Emma Cameron"

"Those are beautiful names"

"Thanks dad" I said to him.

"Are they identical or fraternal?"

"The girls are identical, and Carter looks a little different." I said, and Calum added, "Well, of course he does, he's a different gender" I laughed at the way Calum said it.

Then, a doctor walked in. He said to us,"if you'd like to see the triplets, you are allowed to, but you, Mrs. Hood.. you'll have to be in a wheelchair, okay?"

"Okay" I said, and he brought a wheelchair in for me. I slowly got into it, then Calum wheeled me around.

On the way to the NICU, we met up with Joy, David, and Mali. They followed us there, and this would be the first time my dad, Joy, David, and Mali would see them.

We got to the NICU, and a nurse showed us where the triplets were. We got to them, and I told them which was which and their names.

"This is baby A, Carter Thomas" I said, pointing to Carter.

"That is baby B, Peyton Myah" Calum told them, then I said the last name while pointing to Emma, "this is Emma Cameron, baby C"

They all smiled at us. That moment was when I realized that the triplets were really here, and that Calum's parents, sister and my dad were happy for us. I was happy too. I didn't have to carry them around anymore. I was excited about the triplets.

~

The ending sucks... I'm sorry:(