I'm Sorry

That night we walked home together. Surprisingly, for two people who hadn't talked in quite a while—it was a pretty quiet walk. We both had so much on our minds that we didn't really realize it till the end. There was still so much tension between us. Sure we can forgive, but can we really just forget?

I still can't get that imagine out of my mind, the image of Linda all over Barry. My Barry.

As if reading my thoughts, Barry slipped his hand through mine. His touch was cold but welcoming and comforting. I looked up at his eyes. Though it was a dark night, I could see them perfectly. So green and so perfect. I missed waking up to those eyes in the morning. Will I now? Will we sleep in the same bed? Will things go back to normal? Will he eventually talk?

Crap that reminds me, I've gotta tell Eddie..

Deep down he's still really bent over everything we've done to each other. I don't think he's ready for everything to go back to 'normal' yet. I don't even think that's possible.

I think we've both lost a bit of trust for each other..and that's why we're being like this. We want things to go back to normal so badly but we're still both so hurt. 'Normal' feels like a long time ago from now.

I love him, I just need to tell him that. Then maybe, just maybe that would help the situation more? To know that I love him and I would never want to hurt him like that ever again and that I can't be without him! He needs to know.

"Destiny are we gonna be okay?" Barry suddenly asked. He stopped walking and grabbed my waist, pulling me to him to stop me from waking as well.

I cleared my throat, "What do you mean Bare?" I dumbly ask.

"Well," he smiled—looking almost ready to laugh. "You've been staring at me a while.." I blush as I realize I guess I never really looked away from his eyes. "And I really think there's something on your mind. We really need to stop holding back and start doing, speaking." He emphasized. Which he's right, I keep to myself a little too often and it's dumb. I need to speak my mind more.

This is perfect! Tell him you love him. He's practically giving you the chance to tell him you love him—

Barry frowned and looked down at me. "Your phone." He mumbles.

"What?"

He reached his hand down to my left back jean pocket and pulls out my phone. I let out a surprised yelp as his hand grabbed my phone from behind there. He blushed, looking apologetically and passed me my phone. Oh crap, someone was actually calling me. Jeez, I keep wandering today.

It read Teddie Bear, Eddie was calling. My lips formed into a thin line as I come to realization that my window of opportunity had closed.

"Hello?"

"Where the hell have you been?!" Eddie snaps. I pull my phone away from my ear for a second to check the time—past midnight.

I growl at myself and put the phone back to my ear. "Shit Eddie. I'm sorry, I lost track of time and-"

"I've been worried sick Destiny. You can't just ghost me like that. Do you not check your phone anymore? I swear to god you're always on that thing but when it comes to situations like these it's suddenly nonexistent. I can't believe you."

Oh my god. Was he actually trying to give me a lecture about this right now? "Sorry dad," I scowl and turn away from Barry and continue walking. "Didn't realize it was past my curfew." I hear Barry trying to keep up from behind me as I take angry strides forward.

"Are you serious right now?" I hear last before the line goes dead. I roll my eyes and slide my phone back into my pocket. What a drama queen.