09. Bring me Thanos!

Mary looked over at Shuri as the Princess was setting up what the two of them needed to remove the stone from Vision's forehead

Mary looked over at Shuri as the Princess was setting up what the two of them needed to remove the stone from Vision's forehead. Wanda was watching anxiously, her love laying on the table in front of them, his life in danger.

"Save him, please." Wanda pleads to Mary and Shuri as they race to begin removing the stone from Vision.

Mary flicks her wrists, as does Shuri, as they laser off wires around from the stone in Vision's forehead. "You don't have to tell me, Wanda." Mary says with a weak smile, "Vision is family." She states.

Vision winces as the laser burns off more and more wiring connecting him to the stone but manages to give Mary a smile, "You never were useless." He whispers and Mary's heart clenches at the memory of being in Avengers Tower, telling the team she was useless because she wasn't a super soldier, a god, a spy or enhanced. She wasn't special. But Vision proved to Mary that she was the most special. And she was forever grateful to him for that.

The three women can hear the chatter on their coms from the ground team as they make their way to the barrier. She can hear Rhodey giving his update to the team, her heart rate spikes continuously as she focuses on her task at hand.

"How you doin, Luna?" Bucky's voice appears in Mary's ear, she can hear the nerves in his voice. He didn't like being apart from her and nor did she. They were stronger together. They had trained in fighting together since Jamie had been born and they loved the thrill of sparring together. They flowed their movements in sync with one another. They knew each other's next move before they even would need to speak it outloud. They were so intuned with each other, even Steve was impressed with how well his sister, who never sparred, was fairing with and against Bucky.

"As good as can be." Mary responds, "How does it look down there?" She asks nervously as she attempts to multitask but still giving her attention to Vision until in her ear she can hear the chanting and shouts of the Jabari coming closer to Bucky. "M'Baku?"

Bucky chuckles, "He and his tribe just joined the front lines." The husband says with slightly less nerves than before. The couple trusted their lives with M'Baku and his people. And the Ape Man would never let anything happen to Jamie, he swore his protection the day he met the Golden Wolf two years ago.

Everything seems to happen quickly as she and Shuri progress in removing the Mind Stone from Vision, "Mary." T'Challa's voice appears in her ear.

"Yeah?"

"Could you break away from your task with Shuri and come to the front line?" T'Challa asks, neither of them miss the shout of protest from both Steve and Bucky in their ears but Mary is the Advisor to the King. If he requested her presence, she had to go.