36. Now In Color Prt 2

Mary, Vision and Wanda huddled underneath the dining room table as the rainshower inside the Vision home kept pouring down on the three of them

Mary, Vision and Wanda huddled underneath the dining room table as the rainshower inside the Vision home kept pouring down on the three of them. Mary and Wanda were soaked, as was Vision. But the father to be decided to make the situation lighter. "Well, I was just reading about the advantages of water birth." Vision comments as Wanda tries to breathe through her contractions as best she can.

When the rain finally stops, they stick their hands out to be sure, "Oh, thank goodness." Wanda states in relief.

"Let me help you up, dear." Vision says as he helps pull his wife up from underneath the table. Wanda groans in pain as Mary stands up.

She looks around the state of their living room and groans, "What a mess!" Wanda exclaims. And with in seconds, Wanda is controlling the wind, blowing themselves dry as well as their clothing and everything in the home. Once Wanda is dry, she shakes her hair and turns around to look at Vision and Mary, "Oh, that's better." She murmurs but then as a contraction spikes, she grabs onto Mary's hand as Vision turns to look at his wife to help, "Darling, do you think it's time to..." She trails off and Vision nods.

"Call the doctor?" Vision answers for his wife.

"Yeah." Wanda whispers. Vision rushes to the phones and Mary helps Wanda breathe through her pain.

"Drat! The phones are dead too." Vision says to his wife and friend, "I better run." He says but as he exits the kitchen he stops. "Except he might have already left for vacation."

Wanda and Mary gasp, "Where? At a time like this?" Wanda exclaims.

Vision tilts his head, "Well, in fairness, darling, the baby is approximately nine months early." He teases and then looks at his wife with all seriousness, "I better leg it. You'll be all right here?"

"She'll be fine as long as i'm here." Mary says and Vision nods, smiling softly at his friend.

"Right." Vision agrees then kisses his wife's cheek and then races out of the house with lightning speed.

Mary looks at her friend and then tries to help her go through the breathing techniques until they both freeze in their actions when they hear a bird coming from the nursery. Wanda's mouth goes agape as she and Mary walk slowly towards the nursery and they crouch around the stairs. The doorbell causes them to jump and panic.

Mary shoos Wanda as the friend goes towards the door to answer it. Wanda in the meantime summons a jacket from the closet and puts it on as Mary answers the door.

Outside the door stands Geraldine and she smiles wide but with confusion, "Wanda, Mary, what's up?" She asks and Mary smiles along with Wanda as they greet their friend, "It's seventy-five degrees out. You're making a fashion statement?" Geraldine comments as she walks into the home.

"Hi, Geraldine." Mary greets.

"You know, now is not really a good time." Wanda says but Geraldine shakes her head.