61. Ndilapha kuZemo

When the group reached the location of where Nagel was camping out

When the group reached the location of where Nagel was camping out. Mary looked around curiously at the shipyard they were in. She had changed in the car, Sharon providing better suiting clothes for the mission. Bucky and Sam didn't need to change so they stood guard as Mary did. Simple t-shirt, jeans and combat boots had been her staple when she would be on her own. They were easy.

"Madripoor could give New York a run for its money." Sam quips as they walked through the isles of shipping containers. He was talking about the party Sharon had held in her High Town location. Bucky held Mary's hand as they walked.

"They know how to party." Zemo commented as Sharon led the way for them.

"With that bounty on your head, the longer you're in Madripoor, the less likely you're ever leaving." Sharon states as they turn a corner, all of them checking their surroundings, making sure they weren't being followed.

"That won't happen." Mary states in response. Sharon's eyes raise in surprise as Mary's cockiness.

"And how can you be so sure?" Sharon asked.

"Because i won't let it happen." Mary retorts, her eyes flashing amber for a moment as she crossed her arms over her chest. Bucky wrapping his arm around her waist to keep her grounded. "I'm not in the mood to lose anyone."

Sam glances at Bucky warily but the Alpha only nods. He was indicating to Sam that Mary would be fine. She was simply flexing in the moment. Something she didn't often get to do anymore. And she never showed off her powers to scare anyone.

"All right. He's in there." Sharon says, her eyes still lingering on Mary. "Container four-two-six-one. I'll watch while you talk to Nagel. But hurry, we're on borrowed time."

"I've been living on borrowed time since the end of the second world war." Mary quips, taking the ear piece from Sharon and leading the way into the container, she was done messing around and not getting the answers she wanted. She was tired of people tricking her and manipulating her and her family. If this Nagel person had cracked Erskine's formula, she would destroy every last ounce of it. The formula was no one's but Evelyn's. Mary was just the passing of the torch to her sister in law. She just didn't know it at the time.

The boys follow Mary quickly, Bucky not liking that she was in the lead, but in reality, she was the most powerful. If anyone should be in the front, it would be Mary. She alone could deter anything that had a soul. She could even produce a force field if called for.

"Hey, Sharon, you sure this is the right one? It's completely empty." Sam asks Sharon through the earpiece and Mary's eyes glow faintly.

"Positive, it has to be." Sharon responds.

"Luna?" Bucky whispers.

"It's not empty." Mary states softly. Her hand produces amber whisps like Wanda's to give light as they look around. Zemo looks at Mary with slight amazement before going back to the task at hand. "There." She states, pointing to the back of the container.