06. Where's the Fight?

It had been eight months since the vow renewal and wedding anniversary of Bucky and Mary

It had been eight months since the vow renewal and wedding anniversary of Bucky and Mary. The reception that was held after the ceremony was something everyone that attended would remember for decades to come. Everyone was full of life and laughter, filled with happiness and joy.

But life had to carry on and people had lives to return to.

Steve and his team left that following morning and the couple's life pressed on as it had been since Bucky had awoken two years ago. What was soon approaching was a day that Bucky hoped would be a good day for his wife and son.

Their birthday.

He wanted his wife to celebrate it and not work like she was always doing. Mary loved her job as Advisor to T'Challa and Bucky loved watching his wife thrive in their home. He loved watching his son play with the goats and other children in neighboring huts around them. They were both cared for and beloved in Wakanda and Bucky couldn't ask for a better life for him and his precious family.

A ring from Mary's phone stirred the sleeping couple in their master bedroom and the wife audibly groaned as she rolled off her husband's chest and reached for her phone. "Hello?" She muttered groggily.

"Hey, Mom." Tony's voice answered over the line and Mary's hazel eyes blinked open and she smiled softly, "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, T." She replies with a yawn as she stretches her limbs from the deep sleep she was just in, "Jamie should be awake soon if you want to talk to him too."

"Later, probably. Right now, I wanna ask you how you're gonna spend your special day." Tony said and she could picture her son with a wide smile wherever he was.

"I'm not too sure yet. T'Challa always has something planned and James likes to do something special for Jamie and I." Mary answers as she looks over at her husband who snores softly with his one arm stretched over his head. She could make out the shining Vibranium ring on his ring finger as the sun shone through the curtains. "What's going on with you?" She asks.

"Woke up earlier than i wanted because of a weird dream i had about Pepper and our future. Her and I are gonna go jogging later around Central Park. We're still currently planning our wedding as well. Which, you are invited to, Mom." Tony rambles on and Mary sits up in the bed slowly as she listens. "I will accept no other answer other than yes."

Mary laughs under her breath to make sure Bucky stays asleep. It was a rare sight for her to wake up first, Bucky was a light sleeper as it was and for her phone to go off but not wake him was a rare sight. She wanted him to sleep in as much as possible.

"How can I see no, T?" She teases back, "Dream about your future? Like what?" She asks, her curiosity peaked when he brought up the dream he mentioned.

"We had a kid, named her after one of Pepper's uncles or another relative. I'm blanking on the name." Tony replies and she can hear shuffling on his end from either movement or the phone being placed down.