16 | Kiss and Tell

off the grid

- alina baraz ft. khalid

"you say you loving the way I

show you the stars in the daylight

you do the same for me every day..."

Content Warning at the end of the chapter.

A few nights later, Priscilla couldn't hold it in anymore. She had to find Fred.

She threw on the black hoodie she had on the night of the party with her muddy black vans, not bothering to change out of her pajama shorts. She crept out of the Slytherin common room expertly after curfew and made her way towards the Great Hall. By now she knew Filch's routine as well as the twins, so she didn't have many worries about making it there undetected.

The doors to the hall opened with a loud creaking sound as she poked her head inside.

For getting caught at the party on the night of the first task, the students were stuck on polishing duty. By the time Cilla snuck to the Great Hall, the students were all exhausted after a few hours of work. A couple of Ravenclaw girls were on brooms, lazily scrubbing away at one chandelier as Neville was nodding off to sleep, sitting cross-legged on another one.

The twins were sitting at one of the long tables, going over something on a large piece of parchment, completely ignoring their polishing duties. Alerted by the noise, they jumped to put away whatever they were mulling over, but upon seeing it was only Priscilla, they relaxed considerably.

"Fred?" she called; she felt so small. He smiled, any trace of his fatigue vanishing at the sight of her, and stood up from the table, making his way over to her with his hands in his pockets.

"Always Fred," his brother muttered. "Never George."

"Hey, Cilla. You alright?" he greeted.

She tried her best to push down the anxiety building in her chest. "I need to talk to you about something."

"Yeah, okay," he said. He laced his fingers in hers and guided her out of the hall.

Cilla was never the holding hands' type. She didn't even notice she let Fred grab her hand until they were already halfway down the hall. As if her heart was beating fast enough already, it seemed to impossibly double in speed.