15 | American Thanksgiving

feels like we only go backwards

- imaginary future

"i got my hopes up again, oh no, not again,

feels like we only go backwards, darling..."

When Cedric found out about Cho's condition the next morning, Priscilla could tell right away. Even though he was hungover, in between making sure she was eating well and feeling okay, he didn't say hello to Cilla and even sent her a few cold looks across the Great Hall. Nitara sat on the other side of Cho, feeling awkward and small.

Priscilla's heart sank when she realized how upset it had made him. She had thought she was doing the right thing when she lied to him at the party, but now it was clear that it was anything but.

It was starting to feel like it did with her Ilvermorny friends all over again.

Priscilla was stuck sitting next to Draco at the Slytherin table the next morning, where he acted even cockier than usual now that he landed a date to the Yule Ball. Pansy kept trying to figure out why he was so happy, hungry for gossip, but he refused her advances, stating simply she'd have to wait and see. Priscilla was absolutely grateful for it. She thanked Merlin that Draco agreed to keep their date to the Yule Ball a secret until Christmas day.

Her mind kept going back to Fred, but why should he care in the first place? They weren't together or official in any sense. They were on the same page, or at least that's what she kept telling herself. She tried to push down the wave of guilt with some more breakfast food, but not even her favourite, potatoes, were helping her nerves.

She had to keep her eyes trained on her plate when the twins entered the hall. She was so scared she or Draco would give themselves away. The twins were cheering along with the rest of the party-goers, clearly not caring much about the detention they were likely both forced with.

"Pathetic," Draco mused. "Right, Priscilla?"

"Yeah," she said half-assed.

"We could throw a waaaaay better party," Blaise announced, puffing his chest. Pansy nodded, liking the idea.

Priscilla exchanged a glance with Adrian and Cassius, who were looking a little green at the idea of another party. The fire whiskey didn't leave them feeling all that great this morning.

How would they know? They weren't even there, Priscilla thought, biting back a retort out loud.

"What about booze?" Crabbe asked.