08 | The Bomb

♫ deceptacon

- le tigre

"i'll walk on it, i'll walk all over you, walk on it, walk on it, walking one, two..."

"I've been saving these for the perfect time," Priscilla declared proudly as she opened her tote bag for Nitara to see.

Nitara's eyes grew wide. "There's so many! How did you even get these?"

Cilla shrugged. "I got them in the States around the 4th of July on sale from the back of a van," Nitara gaped at her. "Nobody checked my truck."

"I can't believe you. What's the plan?" Nitara said, that twinkle back in her eye.

The next morning, the Owl Post was doubled from the new students that flooded into the halls last night. Well wishes from home, last-minute necessities, and whatnot. Owls hooted and hollered as they flew across the room, swooping down to drop off parcels and letters.

Nitara got a letter from her parents from a very stuffy and poised bird. She sat back and read it while the owl nibbled on what was left of her breakfast.

"My parents were hopeless with the owls at first, but I think they got the hang of it now," she mused with a smile.

"What did they say?" Priscilla asked.

Nitara waited, reading every last word. "My aunties are coming from India for my birthday!" she said excitedly.

"That's amazing," Cilla smiled.

"Do your parents ever write, Priscilla?" Cedric asked.

She shook her head. "They're always so busy with work, so we never bother to write during the school year."

Then, like clockwork, an owl dropped a letter with a black seal onto Cilla's oatmeal. Cho began to snicker, resulting in the glare from Nitara.

Priscilla, confused and grossed out, picked up the oatmeal-stained letter and broke the seal. 

It was from her parents.

Dear Priscilla,

The white rabbit has fallen into the rabbit hole.