Mini Filler: Almost A War

Hinata POV
I screamed his name at the top of my lungs. I screamed again "NARUTO". Nothing, just an empty silence. The lob in my throat got bigger, I can feel the pain fush to my eyes, that familiar pain I was breed to posses. The Byakugan awakened as I scanned my house... nothing. I sptrinted toward the door I only recently shut behind me to find two notes on the door. The first smaller sheet with minuscule characters. So I ripped it off the wall to begin reading.

---------

October 13th: 7:47am Naruto hands me the scroll containing my misson. A S-Rank mision I receive lately have been high target protection. Basically a bodyguard mission. [They we probably thr most boring part of this job.] I am taking the Diamyo to his vacation home on the southern peninsula. My plan is to take the the eastern roads toward the land of whirlpools, then follow the Boarder Water until I reach the peninsula...

October 16: Land of Whrilpool is actually real calm this time of year, quite scenic. Diamyo is safe. Only bandit encounters so far.

October 18: 4:00pm Arrived at the vacation home. It was being squatted in by two siblings. Diamyo was furious and had us "execute" them.

October 18: 9:00pm Diamyo found out we let them live when they returned to apologize. We gave them ninja gear to hold.

October 18: 3:00am. Night watch was boring.

October 22: GOING HOME

October 22; 9:00am He wants to stay longer

October 24: 11:51pm We depart in the morning. The little kids came back yesterday. They brought us bread, stale but a caring gift. The okder sister is Mika-chan, the brother signed his name Itachi. Neither spoke but were taught what seems to be a lose version of signing. It was quite entertaining when they attempted to tell us jokes. They have no family, and live in a nearby village when this house is ovcupied. We offered for them to join. They declined.

October 25: 9:00am The children returned with gear. I told them I would train them starting today.

October 26: Itachi has no chakra control but a lot of chakra for his age. Mika also has no control but her lack of chakra is made up by her athletic ability. Both are on par to beat up some genin.

October 27: 9:06pm The children acted super suspicious as we snuck past the land of waves border.

October 27 11:00pm Mika confessed they are "orphans" from the Land of Waves. Their parents went to extreme lengths for their return in the past and they worry it will happen again.

October 29 11:56pm.  A horn blares in the distance. We sent the diamyo back to Konoha. Rooster and I stayed with the kids and near Waves Border.

October 30 2:00am.  THEY ARE COMING HOLY FUCK

|/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\|

Death
1 S-Rank Shinobi, 7 A-Rank Shinobi, 4 C-Rank/Medical Nin Shinobi. 22 Civilian Suicide. 11 Civilian Causality

The carnage was stopped by The Armed Shinobi of Konoha when they stumbled upon a rampaging Menma Uzumaki, two children were found crushed near Kurama's ignition site, and the bodies of the team accompanying Menma all perished to the enemy. A light green fog filled the area, poisonous to Chakra and burns the epidermis. After the squadron cleared the surroundings they used wind chakra to clear the fog. Then racing to find Menma rampaging in his demon cloak. Slowly the man's avatar slowly subsides and Menma fights the earth with a fist until he crashes to the earth.

The crew assured Menma that the Diamyo is safe.

His team and aiding teams lost their lives through drowning.

Konoha Armed Forces returned with only one survivor...

---------------------------

The second note was hand written by Naruto Uzumaki, signed as such. Hinata, regardless of how long she has known Naruto, always has trouble reading his handwriting. Her husbands letter was short, barely reaching 50 words. He explained that Menma was recently discharged. Menma demanding they find the one who blew up the chemical bomb in Wave. And they find the person responsible for the Nibi release/escape.

Naruto agreed to send 3 S-Rank shinobi with Menma. Along with Naruto who left his post to put down a "rebellion" on the Eastern border of Fire country. They crew head toward Wave, Menma hoping to burry the island nation in maelstroms