IF

"But what if shinchi feels about you the same feeling" he asked.

And she looked at him shocked, she couldn't believe what she heard

"I mean what if??" He repeated.

She fell quite again as if she was imagining that he really feels the same about her, her sobs stopped and she shook her head "no, I can't imagine it, actually I don't want to" she looked at heiji and she could tell from his eyes, that he wanted to say are you crazy? Who would not want to be loved back?

"I know you must be thinking that I'm crazy but, I don't expect anything from kudo kun, and I don't want him to know about my feelings especially now, that will just complicate the matter, I used to wish that he would notice my feelings but not anymore, he's getting married to the love of his life, even when he was conan he didn't stop thinking about her, it was obvious in his eyes, so no I don't want him to know anything"
She stopped talking for a minute and sighed ...

"you know, I read once that the strongest form of love is when you leave someone for their happiness specially when their happiness is with someone else, and I believe in that, to love someone is to wish to see them happy even if it's without you" she fell quite again but this time she was smiling as she looked at the sky.

Light hearted... that what she felt, in such a long time she finally got to feel light hearted

She stood up and heiji did the same
"I'm sorry that I screamed at you" she apologized sincerely.

"That's alright, I got from you what I wanted to hear" he smirked at her.

"I noticed what you did all day heiji kun, Just so you know I didn't like it" she said as she rolled her eyes.

"But, thank you I feel so much better that I talked to you, I know you will keep it a secret ... right?" She asked as she noticed him looking around as if he wants to escape answering her question.

"Heiji kun? Right??" She asked again.

"Right" he said in a low voice.

"I need a promise".

"I promise" he said this time.

"Good, now it's getting late we need to go to the grocery store" she walked
And heiji looked at her as she walked and almost vanished to the darkness
"Life is so strange , I've never seen someone love in this unselfish way"

Meanwhile...
He looked at his watch and murmured "why are they taking so much time?"
"What is it shinchi" his fiancée asked

"It's nothing" he answered.

"I'm guessing he's hungry" the professor played along as if he didn't know what's going on with the detective.

"So your parents is throwing a party for us?" His fiancée asked trying to get his attention.

"Yeah" he said briefly, and his eyes glued to the door.

Just then shiho and heiji came through the door laughing so much, shinchi looked at shiho she was laughing and wiping tears from her eyes.

Sparks exploded out of the detective eyes 'laughing? Is she laughing? With hattori?' His hand turned into fists

Hakase came from the kitchen "what are you two laughing about?" He asked curious because shiho never laughed like that before.

Shiho looked at them and saw shinchi and ran sitting next to each other and ran was holding shinchi's right hand.

Her smile disappeared and looked at the professor "it's nothing, there was a dog running after heiji kun and I was laughing at how he ran"

"Hakase your little daughter is so mean you've been raising the devil and you didn't know, she was the one who made the big dog chase me" he said and rested his arm on shiho's shoulder and took a glance at shinchi who was sending him sparks with his eyes.

'If looks could kill' he thought.

"Excuse me" shiho said as she headed to her room and hakase went to the kitchen.

Silence fell again..
And ran just pressed the button when she said "heiji kun looks like you and shiho san are so close" she asked curious and a little relived.

"Yeah, who knew a little trip to the grocery could make such a difference" he said whispering.

Shinchi felt like he wanted to smash something or beat someone. he stood up and headed upstairs looking for a certain girl.

Shiho just finished changing when shinchi slammed the door open
"Heyy, do you ever knock the door? What if I was changing"

"Oh, sorry" he said as his face got red

"Well?" She asked as she sat on the bed.

"It seems that you and heiji are getting close" he looked at her as he was tapping the floor with his shoes.

"Well, yeah he makes life look so much easier" she said smiling as she remembered their little talk on the side of the road.

"So,.... do you like him?" His tapping was getting faster and faster, it's a sign that he was nervous.

"Of course I like him" she said without hesitation, but when she looked at his face she quickly said "not in the way you think, I like him as a friend" she corrected.

He nodded to her 'it seems that she doesn't know about heiji's feelings yet' he thought

He was about to turn and headed out of the door but she said
"So,.. the party is tomorrow are you ready?" She asked him.

"Yeah" was his simple answer
And they stood their facing each other

'Only if I could say no, would you believe me?' He looked in her eyes as if he was searching for something or an answer.

'Only if I could tell you, that I love you without a care in the world would you hold my hand?' her hand was shaking as she looked in his eyes in return

What a hopeless love we have here dear readers.
How are y'all? I missed you so much and tell me what do you think of this chapter? Please vote and comment
Sending love wherever you might be💙