Heiji the cupid

"What" heiji said thinking that he must be going crazy or he heard wrong.

"I said do you like shiho?" Said shinchi as if he was asking but he looked more like he was interrogating heiji.

"What if I was?" Heiji thought, why not play along?

To heiji and to anyone in heiji's place would say that shinchi's expression went in so many stages of emotions , at first he was shocked then he looked as if he was thinking then, he went to look like he was betrayed and so many many more emotions, and then heiji could swear that shinchi's eyes turned into a dark shades of blue and he looked at heiji as if he was jealous and finally he settled with acceptance, and those many stages of emotions were fast and heiji didn't have a chance to think about each one of them.

"When did that happen? You literally met two days ago"

"Why do you care?, it could have happened before" he said to provoke shinchi and see if what he suspects could be true.

Silence passed between the two detectives again ....

"It's.. just that I really care for shiho and I don't want her to be upset" shinchi said with all honesty.

The day passed on and at night everyone went to bed with a certain thought in their head.
Heiji didn't clarify to shinchi what he heard and he actually forgot about it.

But it looks like shinchi didn't forget at all he kept watching them all day and shiho kept avoiding heiji, and heiji didn't notice anything at all or, he pretended to not notice.

The next day shinchi and heiji went to hakase's house, it seems that visiting the old professor and his adopted daughter became a daily routine. And they gathered there for supper.

"Ran just called she's coming with sonoku, and she asked about you shinchi you didn't answer your phone" the professor said when he hung up the phone.

"Oh damn it, my phone was on silent" shinchi quickly sent ran a message to tell her why he didn't answer

"Is she threatening you? I can't believe how jumpy you get when she's mentioned" heiji whispered to him

Shinchi settled with rolling his eyes at him

"Anyway, I need one of you three to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients for tonight's dinner since we are having guests" the professor said and waited for them to volunteer
Shiho who needed to escape the place stood up and, headed to the door and stopped midway "hakase send me what you need in message" she said and wore her jacket and simply walked out the door.

Shinchi was about to stand up and follow her, for a strange reason he's been looking for her and following her shadow these days a lot
"Ah, I will go with her" heiji said remembering what he said in the day before to him about his relation with shiho.

"Your fiancée is coming, you stay and help hakase and I'll help shiho" he said reminding him and smirking at him.

Shinchi fell back on his chair when heiji got out and there was no one in the living room "your fiancée is coming bla bla bla" he said copying heiji

"What's the matter shinchi kun?" Asked hakase with a tray in his hand and worked on setting the table for the dinner.

"Ne hakase, did you know shiho and heiji were this close to each other?" Asked the detective trying to get an answer

The professor placed his hand on his chin and looked up as if trying to remember "no, I didn't know, but it's nice now that shiho is finding friends and I'm rest assured because heiji is your friend".

Shinchi stayed quiet and thought to himself 'only if you knew hakase, only if you knew'

"I didn't think that a day would come and I would work like cupid" he said to himself following shiho who's really trying so hard to avoid him.

"Why are you following me?"

"I decided to come with you instead of shinchi" he told her as he ran up to her.

'I wish he was the one with me right now' she wished looking at the dark sky above her.

"He's a gentleman, he was about to get up to come with you, but I reminded him that his fiancée is coming"

He didn't get an answer so he continued "what a beautiful couple they make, I bet their children will be so beautiful, specially that they will see how much their parents love each other".

He said those words but he thought 'you two stubborn goats making me look like the bad guy, I only want the best for you.... you will thank me later'.

She stopped in the middle of the road, the street was quiet, there was only the sound of the cold breeze passing by "Enough" she said with a low voice
"What did y..."
"I SAID ENOUGH" she interrupted him and almost screamed at him.

Again there was only the breeze passing and heiji who hesitated for a minute finally spoke,
"Yes enough, enough shiho, when will you admit it? When will you face the truth?" He said to her trying to make her see the situation.

"You want me to admit?" She asked and looked at him in the eye
"Fine, I love shinchi no not love, I'm sure I passed love with my feelings for shinchi, it's something I've never imagined I would experience, I love him so much that the words will never be enough to express how I feel"

She smiled "you know, the idea of just him existing in my life just flips my mode and makes my day so much better, he saved me heiji kun, he doesn't even know it but, he saved me"

She fell to the ground crying and heiji didn't stop her he sat with her on the side of the road just listening to her
"He accepted me as a friend even though I turned his life upside down, I destroyed his life and he just welcomed me into it, and by just that he made me want to be a better person, We once had an argument and I told him ...
that I destroyed his life
"But I met you, and you're my partner remember?" That's what he said to me , What he said changed my life, he probably didn't think such a sentence would effect anyone but, what he said to me saved my life and made me hold tightly on that life, and I'm happy now heiji kun" she said as she wiped her tears with her hand and looked up at the sky.

"But what if shinchi feels about you the same feeling" he said