At the Edge of the End

Author's Note: Sharing these utterly gorgeous drawings of Ridley and Vandel from @lottasteyaert on IG

Author's Note: Sharing these utterly gorgeous drawings of Ridley and Vandel from @lottasteyaert on IG. There are so many amazing details in these pics, even in their names at the top! I especially love Ridley holding the chicken!

Also, there is going to be some NSFW content at the very end of this chapter so just be warned if you'd like to skip it haha. 

Vandel

Annette, Ridley, and I stepped into a small meeting room to strategize away from the others. At the room's center was a circular table with a map of our kingdoms laid out.

Now, away from the knights and demons for the first time, Ridley and Annette eagerly embraced, pulling each other into a tight hug.

"I missed you so much!" Annette said, her voice muffled against Ridley's chest.

The knight was grinning from ear to ear. "It was hard not to react when I saw you. I assumed it wouldn't help your cause if the queen appeared too friendly with a traitor."

Annette seemed to stiffen at the word traitor

"I'm glad you seem to be doing alright," she whispered softly. "You really worried me, Ridley. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to see you again."

"You were right," Ridley said slowly. "You were completely right about everything back in the dungeons. I should've listened to you. I acted like a complete lunatic. I'm so sorry..."

"Don't be sorry," Annette replied, giving him a soft smile. "You've been the one person who's always believed in me, even when everyone else chose not to. Of course I'm going to have faith in you, even when you've lost faith in yourself." Annette glanced to me now. "I trust you've been taking good care of our little knight?"

Taken off guard by the sudden turn of attention to me, I gave an awkward nod. "As well as anyone can take care of a self destructive idiot I suppose."

Annette giggled at that.

I moved to the map, my fingers lightly tracing a line to the location in the forest where the Bone King was supposedly located. It was marked on the map with only a thin white X.