Drinking Game

Authors Note: Sharing this incredible vampire AU art of Ridley and Vandel from @aegel013 on IG

Authors Note: Sharing this incredible vampire AU art of Ridley and Vandel from @aegel013 on IG. They both look so cute here and I absolutely adore the textures in this piece! Also Vandel is rocking those bracelets. As always any fanart can be sent to my Instagram @Captaincleanfreak :D

Ridley

Skeever gestured to a small wooden table near the center of the tavern and Annette and I slowly followed him. He pulled out a chair for Annette (which screeched obnoxiously), waiting for her to sit down. The giant of a man then proceeded to make his way to the other side of the table.

Nervously I sat down beside Annette, trying my very best not to panic. I thought I'd trained for nearly every situation but how could I have ever predicted that one day the entire fate of my kingdom could rest in a stupid drinking game.

Everyone in the tavern was watching us now, clamoring over each other to get a good view. The bartender approached, placing a large bottle filled to the brim with a mysterious thick brown liquid down on the table.

One of the tavern goers gave me a little pat on the shoulder. "This'll be fun," he said with a chuckle. "Skeever's never lost a drinking game in his life."

My shoulders sagged. "Thanks for the encouraging words."

"No problem!" he said cheerfully before scuttling off to get a good view.

The bartender slid a small grimy shot glass towards me, Annette and Skeever. "The rules are simply," he said, going to stand behind Skeever's massive form. "We ain't into no complicated games here. Ya each do a shot per round, last man...err...or lady," he gave Annette a thin smile, "wins!"

Skeever filled his glass up before handing the bottle off to Annette and I. I cringed slightly at the foul scent of the liquid as it sloshed into the glass.

Skeever cast me a patronizing glance from across the table, slowly lifting up his drink. "Bottoms up on the count of three fancy folk. One...two...three..." with that he tossed his head back, taking the liquid into his mouth in one quick go.

I brought the glass to my lips as well and nearly gagged the moment the liquid touched my tongue. This had to be...the most disgusting thing I had ever drank in my entire life. My throat burned as it went down and it took everything in me to keep from coughing. I glanced anxiously to Annette who looked surprisingly put together, her glass empty. Annette had always liked parties in our teenage years, she must have had at least some experience with this kind of thing. My gaze tracked from the small bodied princess back towards the towering giant of a man who was already pouring his second glass. How were we supposed to stand a chance?

Anxiously I poured my second shot of the liquid. My body was starting to feel strangely warm. The alcohol still burned as it went down and I cringed at the bitter taste.

Annette looked to me now, a worried expression on her face. "Are you doing okay?" She whispered.

I nodded. "Yeah..I'm fin...fiii....fiiiiine..." for some reason the words to form my sentence seemed harder to put together than usual. But it was the truth...I felt good, kinda light headed maybe...but surprisingly the best I'd felt in awhile.