Just Another Day with the Demons

Author's Note: Sharing this absolutely adorable art of  Ridley and Vandel from @_pooochhh on IG! I am IN LOVE with Vandel's cape here!

Ridley

"Are you sure this is necessary?" I mumbled, all while several demon tailors swarmed around me. "I still don't think there's anything wrong with the clothes I had before."

The demon prince, who had been watching me intently from across the room, practically scoffed at my words.

"You can't be fucking serious. You only have ONE outfit, which (might I add) you were romping around in the woods in for FOUR days. Besides, now that I've announced you as my personal human you need to look the part. I can't have you looking like a complete fashion disaster, it would make me seem awful by association. That's why it's my coveted duty to give you an all new wardrobe so you'll look absolutely fabulous!"

He gave a small nod now, looking me over. "And speaking of...I think this outfit is just about perfect." He clapped his hands. "Tailors AWAY! I need to look over my once fashion blind servitor."

The demon tailors immediately scattered like a pack of scared animals, scurrying every which way. Vandel crossed his arms, his gaze raking down my form.

"Hmm, not bad, not bad. I'm loving the silver on the trim and I must say the royal blue really compliments your eyes." He clasped his hands together, excitedly. "Oooh, and it's nice to see you finally wearing something so perfectly cut for your figure! I fucking LOVE it! Gods, as if you weren't stunning enough even without my help!" My face went pink at the compliment causing a sly grin to spread across Vandel's features. "Man, out of everyone in Alteria I seriously managed to snag the easiest human to fluster ever- SHIIIIIT!"

Every single tailor in the room jerked at the sound of Vandel's voice.

I glanced over to him, startled.

"Is everything alright?" I stammered.

"We were supposed to be at the royal portrait painter fifteen minutes ago!"

"Wait...hold on...did you just say portrait painter-"

"Normally I wouldn't care. In fact I would REVEL in the fact that I get to keep that bitch-ass buffoon waiting. But today I have a full array of plans for us scheduled. If we fall behind on one we'll fall behind on all of them which means we must be on our way NOW!"

With that, Vandel grabbed me by the arm, dragging me towards the hallway. As he did, he glanced back over his sounders at the tailors. "You have his measurements. I want at least twelve new outfits made for my human by the end of this week! AM I CLEAR?!?!?!"

"Yes, sire!" The tailors stuttered.

As I was dragged from the room I called back to them. "Please don't worry yourselves over me. You really don't have to-"