Return to the Demon Castle

Author's Note:

I've been receiving some wonderful fanart of the Hero vs Villain characters and I just wanted to share them with you guys before the start of some of the new chapters! This is an amazing picture of Vandel done by @ellenwennberg.se on Instagram! I love Vandel's outfit in it so much! They even included the infamous chicken!

If you have any art of the Hero vs Villain characters I'd love to see it! Send it my way via my Instagram @captaincleanfreak 

Percival

Upon arriving at the gates of the demon kingdom and informing the guards there that I had been summoned by their royalty, a guard had escorted me into the palace. He was currently leading me deeper and deeper through the maze of hallways and rooms.

In a desperate effort to calm my nerves I found myself attempting to speak with him. "What's your name?"

The demon cast me a little glare. "What's it to you?"

"I'm just curious," I said with a shrug.

"Listen buddy, I'm trying to do my job here. I'd like to just do that and engage with you as little as possible please and thank you."

"It's just your name."

The demon's glare increased. "And there is literally no fucking reason for me to tell you. If I wanted everyone I met to know my name I might as well have made myself a little name tag that said 'hi my name is George on it' so that every annoying human I meet can address me as such...SHIT." He slammed his hand against his forehead in a facepalm that practically echoed at his realization that he had accidentally told me his name.

Despite being the only two in the hallway I could hear whispers and footsteps all around me.

"Hey, I have a question?" I said softly.

"What the hell is it now?" George snapped.

"It sounds like there's other people here...but it's just us...why is that?"

"Mister human sir, you do realize that I'm just here to take you to the demon queen, not act as your personal tutor in demon culture."

"I'm sorry, I was just curious. I mean, I WAS sent by the demon royalty who YOU work for to come here so-"

The demon rolled his eyes. "It's all multidimensional logistics. All demons live in one location but in multiple planes. Think of it as a beehive, and dimensions as layers of the hive. What you're hearing is the demons in this hallway one plane over." He let out a little huff. "Now will you please stop talking until we arrive at the-"

"What's the demon queen like?"

"OH FOR GODS SAKE! YOU'RE LITERALLY ABOUT TO MEET HER! CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT FIVE GODDAMN MINUTES!" George was breathing heavily when he finished yelling. Finally he straightened, collecting himself. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have screamed at you. I forgot you're a human which means you were clearly raised without basic manners."