Seduction

Author's Note: This weeks fanart comes from @amelia_talpa on Instagram

Author's Note: This weeks fanart comes from @amelia_talpa on Instagram. I absolutely LOVE Vandel's outfit in this picture! The sheer swag this Vandel has is amazing! I love the pose too. This is what I imagine he probably looked like when he posed for over an hour waiting for the  knights to show up so he'd look cool when they got there haha. 

Ridley

I ducked under the desk, the papers grasped tightly in my hands. Everything had happened so quickly that I hardly had time to process what was even going on when Stefan entered. What the hell was Vandel planning to do?

"Vande-" Stefan began.

"Shhh," the demon said, cutting him off. "If you're too loud the knights outside will hear you."

"Of course." I had come to figure that Vandel and Stefan had some sort of history together but the fact that the prince simply did what he said without question was concerning enough to turn my stomach to knots. I heard a click now, which I assumed meant Stefan had just locked the door. Vandel still stood behind the desk, his legs beside me. He gave me a little nudge with one foot which I assumed meant it was safe for me to start going through the paperwork. I quickly began to file through them, looking for anything that might be useful and trying my best to ignore everything else that was going on within the room.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan said softly. "How did you get in?"

"I have my ways," Vandel said, an uneasy playfulness in his voice. "Don't concern yourself with it. I mean you no harm. I just want to talk. I've been thinking about our last encounter..." I could feel him tense beside me as he spoke, his leg jittering nervously. His voice betrayed nothing however, still remaining light and playful. "After thinking for a bit I realized... I mistreated you. I came all this way to apologize so I hope you realize how genuinely I mean it."

"I knew you would come around eventually. In fact, your mother even promised me you would. Now, I hope you don't mind the observation, but you don't appear to be clothed my dearest friend. Could it be you came for something else as well? Something more than an apology?"

His words sent a shiver down my spine. Why was he talking to Vandel so intimately? Were they really close enough for Stefan to be making these kinds of comments? For some reason the thought caused a strange twinge in my chest. At Stefan's words I could feel Vandel stiffen beside me but when he spoke there seemed to be no unease, despite how on edge I could tell he was.

"Perhaps. So...I hear you're going to be king now."

"Yes...I'm going to inherit the throne. That must please you."

"Why?"

"Oh don't play coy Vandel. I know why you're really here. Because whatever is mine will soon belong to both of us when we finally marry." His words were such a shock that despite myself I jerked back, accidentally slamming the back of my head against the desk. My heart nearly leapt from my chest at the sound which practically echoed through the room.