"I miss you too!! I actually promised my best friend I'd call him but I'll find you later?" I offer, desperate to vent to Dale.

"Sure!! See ya babe," Amy blows me a kiss. I laugh and walk away, leaving her with Toby and looking for a quiet spot.

I search the boat for somewhere quiet but find everywhere is crowded by mingling students. I decide to try the back of the boat and find myself walking outside and onto the deck. I sit on one of the seats and check my phone. Someone mustn't hate me because thankfully, I had service. I quickly dial Dale's number and wait for it to begin ringing. He picks up on the second ring.

"Hey baby," Dale greets.

"Dale," I breath, relief instantly flooding me.

"What the fuck did he do this time?" Dale quickly replies, obviously hearing from my tone that Aiden had everything to do with this call.

"We sat together on the bus and he kept talking about all the girls he plans on screwing from the other schools. Then we arrive and get on the ferry to go to the island and he left us to sit with Tiffany and they were almost dry humping," I vent, "then it turns out that my ex-boyfriend Justin is here and so is Amy and her friends from the track."

"Wait wait, virginity Justin?" Dale questions.

"Yup," I groan.

"Awe baby," Dale says sympathetically. "It sucks that Justin is there but you gotta stop thinking about Aiden and his girl talk, that boy likes you and he probably just doesn't know how to deal with his feelings."

"So he screws every other girl here?" I point out.

"He's an asshole babe but just give it time, if by the end of the trip he actually hooks up with all these chicks then I'll be shocked," Dale explains.

"You really think he won't end up doing it?" I question hopefully.

"I do, why would he want any of these other girls when you're so much hotter?" Dale says and I can hear his grin.

"You haven't even seen these other girls!!" I giggle, already feeling a lot better.

"I don't need to, I've seen you naked babe and nothing can beat that," Dale flirts and I can just hear his wink.

I laugh at my best friend, "Where would I be without you."

"Probably naked in an alleyway somewhere," Dale grins.

I laugh at him; "I love you."

"I love you too pretty, call me tonight before you go to sleep," Dale suggests.

"Yeah," I accept, hanging up the phone.

I smile to myself, I was so lucky to have him. I stay seated preparing myself to go back inside. It really was a beautiful view from here. I could only just see the mainland and I loved the way it made me feel so little. I know that's a weird thing to say but lately, my life had been so hectic so it was nice to just be another human for a minute.

I watch as the mainland completely fades from view. I loved the way that being surrounded by nothing but water just reminded me that this world was so huge and compared to it, my world was so tiny. My problem seemed so small when the world looked this big.

I had lost my sister too young, and my father had walked out on us ages ago. In no way was I saying that my problems was of lesser importance, but in a twisted way it gave me some comfort knowing that there were people out there who had been through their own shit, I wasn't alone in my emotions but I was so small in the grand scheme of things.