Chapter 7: Dangerous

Mason and Corey pulled near the telecommunication tower along the road to walk towards the entrance of the tunnels. Corey grabbed Mason's hand as they went invisible.

'What do we do if we see signs of them?" Corey asked.

"Run, you heard Argent; we can't fight them alone."

Corey nodded; Mason didn't need supernatural senses to know he was anxious.

Liam and Theo drove off towards the zoo.

"Now you're aren't going to wolf out like last time we were here, are you?" Theo glanced over at Liam leaning against the windowpane.

"You're with me," Liam glanced over.

"I was here last time, and you almost killed Nolan."

"You forced me to get angry with your little performance."

"Sorry, you forgot to tell me that the location would trigger murderous rage out of you."

Liam sighed, "I think I'm over it; I mean Brett's dead, and looking back getting kicked out of Devenford might have been the best thing."

"You wouldn't change getting bitten?"

Liam thought about it, "no, it's who I am; I wouldn't have you guys without it. I would just be some cocky lacrosse player."

"And you aren't?" Theo smirked.

"I hate you," Liam smiled.

"I love you."

"I love you too," Liam nodded as they pulled off the road to walk up to the zoo.

Alec and Nolan parked alongside the road, concealed by the woods.

"How close do we have to get to trigger her defense system?" Alec looked at him.

"Close," Nolan said. He didn't really know which didn't help their situation at all.

They snuck up the beaten-down driveway towards her house. Nolan led, leading the werewolf behind him. They were in sight of the house when they realized there were no cars.

"They must not be here," Alec whispered. Nolan pulled his finger up to his lips as he pointed his crossbow at a trap he noticed. The boy sent an arrow flying to knock off the trap. The jaws of the trap shut; they shuttered knowing that would have killed either of them instantly. They looked around for motion when suddenly the door barged open. Three hunters came out; Nolan knew two of them, but the other one Monroe must have picked up somewhere. They ran towards the trap. Nolan shoved Alec down to the ground into the brush. They were lying side to side their hands almost touching. They watched as the man picked up Nolan's severed arrow.

"An arrow?" the new woman looked at the two older hunters.

"What's the marking on it?"

"There isn't one; it's unmarked."

"I bet it's that traitor; he would know where her house is located."

Nolan was beginning to panic; Alec stared at him knowing Nolan couldn't make a sound right now. He was on the verge of tears; his heart rate was rapid. Alec quickly grabbed his hand, trying to calm the ex-hunter. Nolan gripped it trying to ground himself.

"He can't be far; he probably has one of his werewolf buddies with him."

The three hunters went off into the woods in search of Nolan. Alec managed to calm him down enough for him not to have a panic attack. Alec wasn't going to let go of Nolan's hand; they stared at each other, remaining silent. They laid there for almost an hour until the hunters came back and went inside. Alec quickly pulled Nolan up as they ran delicately back to Melissa's car; Nolan's hand was shaking on the keys.