Rescue

Jade

I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I released Kyle's unconsious body. Taking a deep breath, I gathered all my strength and picked him up bridal style to place him on the bed. I then went to the bathroom to grab some toilet paper. Heading back to the bedroom, I wiped the blood from his nose.

I had decided to do everything I could to make it up to him, hoping he wouldn't send anyone hunting for the others. I would never forgive myself if I let my anger get somebody hurt. I could only hope they were far enough away if my new kindness wasn't enough.

"Jade, Ian caught us!" My mother worriedly mind linked me, "He has two wolves cornering us. Samantha and Destiny are talking to him."

"How did he catch you?" I hissed.

"We stopped at the dungeon to rescue your mate." She explained, "He just asked them if we should be put in with them or killed!"

"Alright, I'm coming! Go in the dungeon if you have to, just don't get killed!" I checked to make sure I still had the key ring, before undressing. I hurriedly placed my clothes in a bag, ran to open the front door, then shifted.

Grabbing the bag in my teeth, I bolted outside. Quickly picking up the scent, I sprinted into the forest. The sky was now a much darker blue, but it was still easy enough to see where I was going. My goal was to get there before Ian left, to hopefully talk some sense into him. I suddenly thought that maybe I was the one who had no sense, as I might end up getting into a fight with two wolves. Three if Ian wanted to get his paws dirty.

My ears were flat against my head from the speed. Twigs and branches brushed against my fur with every tree I passed. Their scents became stronger as I closed the couple mile gap. Panting, I slowed to a stop as I eventually heard a voice from up ahead.

"I wonder what we should do with this piece of junk." Ian muttered.

Catching my breath, I stepped closer, letting him see me, "Oh, what are you doing out here by yourself, Alpha?"

"Cut the crap, Ian!" I mind linked, "Release them. Now."

"I can't do that, Alpha." He spoke out loud, leaning on the RV, "They were trying to free the rogues."

I walked directly up to him, flung my bag to the side, then sat down, "They were doing it under my command. The rogues never hurt anyone, and I was going to let them go as long as it was for good."

"I'm sorry, Alpha, but I have my orders." He bowed his head respectively.

"Orders from someone who isn't even an Alpha!" I spat, flattening my ears, "Do you know what Kyle's trying to do to this pack? Or do you just blindly follow his every command?"

"I know he wants to make us better! Make us stronger!" He growled.

I saw his wolves brace themselves to attack, before I sighed, "Be honest with me. What did you really think about my father?"

"You think I was lying when I said he was like a brother to me?" He growled again, "When we were young, this pack was a mess. When he finally became Alpha, he turned it around. Made it strong. I would take his place in the ground if I could."

"So, what makes you so willing to tear his daughter's life apart?" I asked, "Why don't you think I can continue his legacy?"

He hesitated, then sighed "I guess because you're female."

"You're going to leave them all in there, and maybe have your wolves here, rip your former Alpha's daughter apart? Without even giving me a chance to prove you wrong. All because I'm not the 'right gender'?"