Chapter 10

BELLES POV

"Ariel, hold still!" I instructed her. It was Friday night, and we were getting ready for the homecoming dance.

I was currently attempting to style Ariels hair. Odd thing was, she only brushed it with a fork. Mulan say snickering on her bed. I mock glared at her, and returned to my work.

"Just use my dingle hopper!" Ariel groaned. I rolled my eyes.

"Ariel, that's a fork. You need to use a brush." I frowned, and yanked the brush through her hair. She grimaced in pain.

"Beauty is pain." Mulan chimed in. I smirked. Ever since we got back from going out for some frozen yogurt, she was oddly supportive of me.

When I asked, she had told me she was in a good mood. It was strange, but I decided just to go with it.

"Yeah, well, ugh!" Ariel whined. I laughed.

Soon, her hair was tamed. I grabbed my hair curler. Ariel grimaced in horror.

"What is that thing?" She shrieked, pointing at the curler. I frowned at her.

"Have you never seen a hair curler?" I asked curiously.

Ariel shook her head. "Nope."

My jaw dropped in shock. As did Mulans.

"Wow, Ariel. That's insane!" Mulan chuckled.

Ariel gulped. "Maybe we don't have to curl my hair?"

I shook my head. "Nope. No can do."

She sighed in defeat. I smiled victoriously, and snatched the curler. I wounded some of her red hair strands around the curler.

"So Belle, me and Mulan have a date. Why don't you?" She pondered.

It was an innocent enough question, but it hurt. Mulan shot me a sympathetic glance. I smiled back at her.

"I'm just not dating anyone at the moment." I murmured, letting her curled hair fall over her shoulder. I beamed at my handiwork.

"Come on!" Ariel whined. "We set Mulan up with Shang, I could do the same for you!"

"You did what?!" Mulan gasped. I blushed.

"Surprise!" I said feebly, while glaring at Ariel.

Mulan threw a pillow at us, but she missed.

"He would've asked anyways." Ariel said smugly. Mulan gave a little huff of anger.

"I can't believe you guys." She frowned. I burst out laughing.

"Sorry Mulan." I giggled. Her face was red.

"I'm going to get changed." Mulan muttered, and disappeared into the bathroom.

When she left, Ariel and I burst into a fresh round of giggles.

Finally, I finished curling Ariels hair. She beamed at me.

"Maybe it wasn't that bad." She grinned.

"Now I have to do my hair." I frowned.

My plain brown hair spilled over my shoulder. It wasn't long enough to curl beautifully like Ariels did.

"Here, let me." Mulan came out of the bathroom. She had opted for a simple French twist. Her dress was stunning. I gawked at her.

"Mulan! You're perfect!" Ariel sighed. I nodded in agreement.

Mulan blushed. "Nah guys. Now, pass me a brush."

I gave it to her. She started to brush my hair, humming as she went. I closed my eyes.