Chapter 15

ARIELS POV

I sat at the ice cream parlour outside of school. It was called Sugar Rush. Peter sat opposite of me. We were sharing a milkshake that was very sweet. Literally. It tasted like whoever made it dumped an entire carton of sugar in it. Despite that, it still tastes great. Besides, I was focused on other stuff. Like Peter.

I was in the middle of telling him why I was late.

"I couldn't leave Belle on her own with Adam." I shuddered at the thought. "So I got Mr. Sultan mad at me."

"How so?" He grinned, leaning forward.

"Promise not to laugh?" I eyed him.

Peter nodded seriously. "Scouts honour."

"I got up and started to write on the chalkboard. I wrote 'Mr. Sultan smells like farts'." I said quickly.

Peter burst out laughing. I smacked his arm. "You promised not to laugh!"

"Sorry!" He laughed. I glared at him. "But that's all? You made it sound like you committed a murder. I'm disappointed." He teased.

"I don't like getting into trouble Peter! So I did the least offensive thing I could think of!" I retorted.

Peter smirked. "So commenting on a teachers odour isn't offensive?"

I pouted. He laughed, and then I did. The entire situation was pretty funny. As we sat there laughing, my phone rang. I glanced at the screen. One of my sisters was calling me. Adella. I gave Peter an apology glance. He nodded.

"Sorry sorry! My sister is calling me. I'll be right back." I blushed. He laughed.

"Talk to your sister, it's fine." Peter chortled. I beamed at him. He was the best boyfriend ever.

I walked over to the bathroom to get away from the noise. I slid the bar on my iPhone to answer.

"Adella!" I exclaimed happily. Out of all my sisters, I was closest to Adella. Even though I was the youngest, Adella had always been there for me. She understood my desire to travel the world and leave home behind. She was my best friend.

"Ariel!" She gushed. "Miss me?"

"I don't know. Let me think about it." I teased her. I heard her laugh.

"Ariel, I'd love to play catch up, but dad is making me call you. He says he doesn't believe in phones." Adella snorted. I rolled my eyes. Dad was so old fashioned. "So he says he wants you to come home for your thanksgiving break."

I sighed. Of course I wanted to come home to my family. But my dad always was so protective of me. He also judged my every move.

"Adella..." I whined "I'm note sure that's the best idea."

"I'll control dad." She snickered, catching on. "He says... YEAH DAD I'M TALKING TO HER!" She yelled. I winced. My ears were ringing.

"Hey sorry. Dad was wondering if you picked up." she apologized. I rolled my eyes again.

"My ears are bleeding." I huffed, but laughed. "I guess I will come..."

I heard her squeal. "Yay! The entire Triton family for thanksgiving!"

Just then, I remembered Peter. Oh geez.

"Adella, I have to go. Peter is waiting for me." I slapped my mouth. My family didn't know about Peter. I shuddered at the thought of introducing Peter to my dad.

"WHO?!" She screamed. The ringing returned to my ears.

"Adella!" I complained. "I enjoy my hearing thanks."