13 - A Very Cute Ferret

"I can't believe you just ditched me like that!"

"Oh grow up, Draco; as if I wanted to spend the rest of the journey watching you being fawned all over by Pansy. And can I just remind you of last year when you were too busy sticking your tongue in her gob to bother even to acknowledge me?!"

"I told you I was sorry! And it's not my fault she can't keep her hands off me!"

"Just shut up and pass me the gravy will you?"

We were at the welcoming feast having just heard Dumbledore announce the news we already knew about.

Draco was in a double grump because not only had I abandoned him to go party with Cedric, but it turned out we were too young to enter the tournament.

"Well you've made your point," he said haughtily, pouring the gravy all over my dinner himself. "I can see how I hurt you now and I'm sorry. So let's put this ridiculous thing to bed."

"What?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "You mean you want me to stop hanging out with Cedric?".

"He's a seventeen year old wizard!"

"Yeah, and a hot one at that; who, by the way, has heavily hinted that he's into me."

At this point, half the contents of my plate were now swimming all over the table due to Draco having drowned it.

"You are fourteen!" He spluttered, his eyes almost popping out of his sockets, not seeming to care that gravy was dripping onto our laps.

"And four months older than you," I reminded him coolly, vanishing the mess with a quick flick of my wand, "but that didn't stop you grinding up against Pansy at every available opportunity when you were just thirteen."

Pansy looked up from his other side, her face starting to crumple as if she were about to start fucking wailing or something. Merlin, that bitch would probably cry if a puppy came running in and jumped up at her.

"That's different." Draco said stiffly, refusing to meet my eye.

"How?!"

"It just is."

"Fuck you and your double standards; and quit acting like an over protective dad. You're just embarrassing us both."

Draco didn't speak to me for the rest of the meal.

But I didn't care because I was too busy catching butterflies from the furtive glances being exchanged between myself and a certain grey eyed Hufflepuff.

It was official; he was a god.

The prefect party had been unexpectedly raucous, with loud music and food fights, and when I had enquired to Cedric if they weren't worried about getting into trouble, he just chuckled and pointed out that the prefects were the 'police'.

"Cool," I had grinned as he passed me a bottle of Butterbeer. "I could get used to this."

He introduced me to his fellow prefects who all seemed to look up to Cedric as though he were their king, so therefore greeted me like a queen.

He had respect from every single one of them; all of whom were clearly keen to please him in any way they could.

And yet Cedric did not come across as arrogant or conceited for it. Far from it, in fact; he was charming in every way, never treating anyone as though he thought they were beneath him.

And on top of that, he was fucking gorgeous.

I felt so happy, that I didn't even care when I caught Draco giving Pansy a full on goodnight kiss outside the entrance to the girls dorms.