15 | American Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

"Easy, you and Goyle go in the kitchens and wring those stupid little elves by the neck until they give you some," Draco laughed.

Cilla almost broke then. She started to cough as if she had choked on her orange juice when she heard Draco's comment. Thank Merlin Hermione wasn't in earshot, or Draco would've had hell to pay.

She looked over at the Hufflepuff table over her glass, and Nitara was wearing a very similar expression to her own. Miserable.

It was about time she tell Nini about her plan.

Priscilla spent her day studying alone in the library, in no mood for any human interaction. She had a practical coming up for Defence Against the Dark Arts and a decent stack of parchment to do for Transfiguration. Luckily, no one approached her where she sat in the back corner of the library as she worked through lunch.

Later that evening, she realized another reason why she was in such a sour mood that day.

American Thanksgiving was tomorrow, and there was still no word from her parents.

At Ilvermorny, Thanksgiving was an event as big as Christmas, if not bigger. The food would practically overflow the tables at their feast, and a play would always be performed at the end of the festivities with the real history of the holiday, including its magical details, which was always her favourite part.

Nitara noticed how down Priscilla was at the dinner table that night with a frown. She leaned across the table and linked Cilla's pinkie finger with hers.

"I know how hard tomorrow must be for you, Cilla. How about we cheer you up a bit, yeah? Any targets this evening? Malfoy, maybe?" she asked.

Cilla shook her head. "I have bigger plans for that asshole," she looked over at the Gryffindor table to see poor Neville hold back tears. "Maybe we can cheer Neville up a bit," she suggested.

Nitara nodded, smiling fondly in agreement. "Sounds perfect."

They walked over to the wall behind the Gryffindor table, trying their best to go undetected. Sir Nicholas gave them a quizzical look but carried on with his business anyway.

Neville was sitting next to Hermione, Harry, Ron, and two boys named Seamus and Dean while trying not to cry into the plant in his hands. Hermione was going on about the previous night's events with the boys. She was scolding the group for going, while also complaining about the taste of gin that still hasn't left her mouth.