Chapter Forty-Five

Beginne am Anfang

"Now that I think of it, I couldn't have had him without Sahil. He's rude, annoying, emotionless but maybe that's how it is." Sahil's ears now perked up as she mentioned him.

"Seeing him smile was itself a miracle." She joked and he rolled his eyes but yet a smile spread on his face.

"I don't know what is past his about and why he is like how he is and honestly speaking, I do want to know but I'll wait till he himself tells me. I don't have the forever patience and I might also snap sometimes but it'll be alright unless he doesn't separate me from my son." She pressed her lips and tucked her hair behind her ear.

Sahil knew she was still unsure about him and didn't trust him well but when he said that he wouldn't separate them then he would never.

"I just wish for everyone to be happy including Sahil even though he hurts me sometimes." She complained with a frown while Sahil stood straight before turning around and leaving from there.

The memory was stuck in his head and it disturbed him to no end.

"Sir?" Rohit waited for him to respond after he called him for the third time. He seemed lost and knowing something was bothering him, Rohit didn't want to disturb him but work was important as well.

"Sir?" He tried again, his voice a little loud which brought Sahil out of his thoughts. He shook his head slightly to discard the thoughts and looked at Rohit.

"You have a meeting with Mr. Kim in about thirty minutes." Sahil nodded and they went about discussing about other projects and schedules for the day.

The rest of the day Sahil was immersed in work which kept him from thinking anything about Srishti. The only time he was reminded of her was when he would glance at his phone. Strange but he felt like messaging her.

────────

Srishti was thrilled and excited for Ayaansh's birthday was not far. Her baby's first birthday was going to be memorable, if not the best.

She was somehow content with how her life was going. Of course she had her share of complaints and frustrations from time to time but they would be long forgotten by just a smile of someone's smile.

"Mumma"

Exactly what she was talking about.

She smiled and turned to look at him. He was accessing her phone and when she looked at him, he grinned and showed the phone.

"Dadda." He spoke while keeping the phone on his ear, imitating the talk and she chuckled.

Crouching down, she plucked the phone out of his hand and dialed his number before adjusting it on his ear. Ayaansh squealed and started babbling even before the call was answered which made her laugh.

"Hello," She heard his gruff voice and sighed. No matter how many times she convinced herself that she accepted the reality and that their relationship would never be that of a normal couple, she would sometimes wish for the same.

"Ah, buddy! How are you doing?" Sahil asked with a smile as he walked towards the elevator. He knew people were staring at him with shock but ignoring the onlookers, he kept walking.