Chapter Nine

Chapter nine

Aditya smiled nervously at the kids who were giving him suspicious looks while Zevah just rolled her eyes. What was so interesting in the guy that everyone was staring at him?

Srishti smiled in his direction and informed the kids, "He's my friend, Aditya."

Zevah frowned and a look of displeasure settled on her face. She saw Aditya giving her best friend a grateful look and Srishti blinking her eyes in assurance.

And she hated every bit of it. Not because she had even a bit of liking towards the guy or didn't like them together but simply because he was already stealing her best friend. And she would no way share her with anyone.

Any which ways he already had his best friend, then why was he keen on befriending Srishti?

She was still frowning at Aditya's way when a tap on her shoulder brought her out of her trance. She looked at Srishti who was staring at her with her raised eyebrows.

Zevah nodded her head and immediately clutched her hand tightly pulling her closer, confusing Srishti. She then glared at Aditya who wasn't even looking their way and was busy with the kids.

"What's wrong, Zevah? Why do you keep glaring at the poor guy?" Srishti questioned and Zevah's frown deepened.

"Why do you keep siding with him? Are you his best friend or mine?" She scowled looking at her and Srishti stared at her amused. What had gotten into her?

"I hate him!" She snapped just when Srishti opened her mouth to speak and then left leaving her surprised.

────────

It was around nine that Srishti returned to the mansion with a smile playing on her lips. She definitely had a good time at her place with her people and if not entirely but Aditya was getting including in that list.

She had realised that Zevah was jealous of Aditya because she was getting more comfortable with him and it made her laugh and love her even more. Because such a best friend was only rare.

She walked towards her room when a voice called her from behind. She stopped but did not turn around because she didn't want to spoil her mood.

"Were you with Aditya?" He asked staring at her back and she could feel his eyes on her.

She was for once glad that he didn't ask her about where she was and why was she so late because that would have surely made her lose her mind.

"Yes." She answered simply and waited for him to speak.

"If you don't want to be associated with me or be on the news channel the first thing in the morning then I suggest you to stop going out with my friend. You can't be this careless." His voice was cold and instead it riled her up.

She turned around to give him a piece of his mind but he was already gone. Gritting her teeth she took deep breaths and calmed herself before leaving for her room.

Another week passed and soon they were called by for the pregnancy test. Srishti was nervous and praying for the results to be positive whereas Sahil sat unaffected.