Bonus Chapter

Bonus chapter

Her eyes were frantic, the panic in them could be seen from miles. Srishti was on the verge of tears as she watched the reporters going crazy with their flashes and the constant yelling.

She couldn't focus and understand where their questions were coming from. All she saw were blinding lights and all she heard was yelling.

She regretted going out without informing Sahil and without the guards. How had she gone from smiling contently as she bought a few books from a bookstore to the media surrounding her outside like crazy.

All she wanted was a relaxing Sunday with a cup of coffee and books with her family by her side. Right now she was so very glad that Ayaansh wasn't with her.

Sahil had taken Ayaansh with him leaving Srishti alone. He said it was a surprise and asked her to wait for them but as time passed by and she got bored, Srishti decided to take a little trip to one of her favourite bookstore.

It was definitely a bad idea.

"Ma'am, are you really Sahil Malhotra's wife? How did you meet him?"

"When did you two get married?"

"Were you really pregnant before your marriage?"

"Is Ayaansh really your son?"

Somewhere something was vibrating near her hipbone but Srishti couldn't focus on anything. Her hands were trembling, lips quivering and eyes filled with tears. She just wanted to go home.

She vaguely registered her driver trying to keep her safe and pushing the reporters away. But then out of nowhere, a hand grabbed her upper arm and roughly pulled her causing her to gasp in terror.

Luckily the driver pushed that reporter away and quickly led her to the car. Once she was inside, the driver hurriedly settled in and drove out of there, all the while glancing worriedly at Srishti through the rear view mirror.

"Are you okay ma'am?" He questioned.

Srishti let out a sob as she buried her face in her palms. "T-Thank you. I—" her voice broke as she couldn't remain strong even if she wanted to.

She looked up, her vision blurry as the tears kept falling, "Thank you so much. I don't know what would I have done if it weren't for you." And she truly didn't.

For all she knew she could've been seriously hurt if he wasn't around.

The driver looked ahead as he drove her back home, "That is no problem ma'am. I'm just glad you are safe."

Srishti nodded and spoke nothing after that as she hugged herself. Her phone vibrated and she jumped on her place. Her hands shook as she took her phone out and watched Sahil's name flash.

More tears poured out as she looked at his name. She didn't want to talk to him on phone. She just wanted to see him and Ayaansh and hug them close.

"We're home ma'am. You are safe." She gave a thankful smile to the driver.

As she stepped inside, Sahil came stomping her way, "Where the fuck have you been, Srishti? Why didn't you tell me you were going out? I'm going crazy here not finding you home. And where is your damn phone? Are you—are you crying?"