Chapter Fifty-Three

Chapter fifty-three

Ayaansh was busy with his toys when a sound of throat clearing made him look up. He grinned cutely, seeing his Dadda looking all nervous while staring at his wife, who seemed engrossed in her book.

Sahil took a deep breath before silently cursing himself for behaving like a teenager who was going to ask his girlfriend out.

He had decided not to go to office today for many reasons. One, he couldn't quite focus on work after his little reunion with his father, who turned out was not his father. Two, he had a lot to do to make Srishti forgive him. And three, Rohit had informed him about Vishal Saxena's case and it was a lot more complicated than it looked.

So now, all he was trying to do was gain Srishti's attention who was clearly ignoring him.

But was he giving up? Nah.

"Srishti, are you free today?" He asked hoping for her to say yes because of course she wasn't busy.

"No," Came her blunt reply and he went blank.

"So you are busy?"

"Yes"

"With what?"

"I am busy ignoring you."

It hit him right on the spot, as his jaw clenched in anger but he controlled himself and looked away.

He kept reminding himself that he was at fault so he had no right to get angry because Sahil Malhotra had never allowed anyone to even dare to talk to him like that.

But there was a first time to every thing and Srishti Malhotra surely made him realise that.

"Sahil Malhotra!" A voice boomed in the mansion and Srishti's eyes widened.

Ayaansh clapped his hands excitedly as if enjoying the drama that was going to happen. Sahil picked up Ayaansh and followed Srishti who ran out of the room.

When he got down, he found a furious Zevah being held back by her husband who seemed helpless.

"What's wrong?" He asked and her angry eyes landed on him. If looks could kill, he would have died a thousand times till now.

"You─" She stopped seeing Ayaansh in his arms.

"Don't use your son as a shield. I'm not going to spare you today." She warned him and Sahil looked at Srishti who wore a worried expression on her face.

"Srishti," He called out and gestured her to take Ayaansh. She did but was hesitant to go back to the room.

Sahil didn't miss the eye talking between her and Aditya but ignored it and faced Zevah who was just waiting for the two to go inside.

"You know, I could slap you right now but I don't want to waste my energy on a person like you." She spat angrily and he stood there saying nothing.

"Why did you do that to her, Sahil? She basically sold herself for the orphanage kids to you, fine. But did you really have to cheat her like that? Were you that desperate of having sex or a child?" Zevah couldn't keep calm after what she had heard from Aditya.