Debut Blues

Two Years Later

Two years pass by quickly, but not much had changed. Mingyu still admired Jeonghan from a far and Jeonghan still yearned for Mingyu's friendship. They had their moments, where Jeonghan would steal Mingyu away and talk. Most of the time away from the other members, as if they were hiding something forbidden, strangely both feeling guilty of simple conversations.

The conversations were varied, and would end up in heated debates but by the end of it, they were more intrigued with each other. Jeonghan in love with the fact that someone actually stood a chance against him and that Mingyu shared different thoughts. Enamored by Mingyu's positive outlook on life and his idealism's, meanwhile Jeonghan was a realist and needed to escape sometimes. And who better to escape with then Kim Mingyu.

Mingyu longed to be near Jeonghan but in the past year had grown afraid of his own feelings. Now that Jeonghan had long hair, he was even more beautiful. Mingyu had never had a girlfriend, but certainly knew what a crush felt like and he definitely knew that he was crushing on Jeonghan.

The debut had just happened days before, and everyone was running off pure excitement. Today, their music video would premiere and all the members gathered around the laptop. As the music video began Jeonghan felt excited to see himself, but the excitement would soon die down. When they got to Jeonghan's part, it wasn't his own voice that he heard, his voice had been replaced with that of a better singer. Jeonghan continued to watch but Mingyu noticed the pain he was trying so hard to hide. Once they finished filming their segments Jeonghan hurried out the room, looking for a spot to unload all the tears he's been holding in.

Again he walks into the same closet he had two years ago and close behind Mingyu follows. This time Jeonghan wraps both arm around the taller ones torso and cries into Mingyu's chest. Mingyu feels guilty again, wondering if maybe he had ignored his feelings, he could've continued supporting Jeonghan. "It's my fault," Mingyu blurts out accidentally.

Jeonghan pulls himself off of Mingyu and looks up in confusion. Silently he stares waiting for an explanation. Mingyu looks down at him and even with the steady flow of tears rolling down his cheeks, Jeonghan's beauty remains intact. He carefully removes the strands of hair covering Jeonghan's face. With an empty mind he proceeds to place his forehead directly onto Jeonghan's and presses his nose against his as well. Mingyu's eyes close and so Jeonghan just follows along. " Don't cry, you're perfect, this is only the beginning, it'll take time for people to notice, but they will," Mingyu softly says.

Mingyu breathes into Jeonghan as they both lower their hands to their sides. Jeonghan intertwines is fingers with Mingyu's and their hands lock. The urge to kiss Jeonghan awakens in him and he pulls away. Not ready to face the consequences if Jeonghan doesn't feel the same. Afraid that if he reveals his heart he'll lose Jeonghan forever. "I have to go", He suddenly mumbles along with other nonscence that Jeonghan can't hear.

He rushes out the closet and makes his way out the doors to the outside. He sits idly on the stairs, until Seungcheol walks up behind him. "Overwhelmed?," he asked concerned. "Yeah, but it's not about debut or anything" he sadly answers hoping the leader wouldn't continue asking.

"I know," Seungcheol nods wisely, "it's normal, I think we all have a little crush on him now". Seungcheol continues his speech, half way convincing Mingyu that the crush stems from the long hair. Most of the boys had never dated and some hadn't dated in a long time. Jeonghan was as close as they had gotten to something pretty; Even Seungcheol admitted to an attraction.

After the long talk Mingyu walked himself back in and went right back to Jeonghan. Once again he took his hand and led him around the practice room, this time with no one else in sight. "Let's practice this until they see what they missed out on," he proudly declares. Jeonghan's teary eyes light up again for Mingyu just like they had the first time. And that's when Mingyu knew he just had to give into his feeling and live with it.