New Friends

Even though it hadn't been Mingyu's intention to fall asleep in the closet, he didn't blame Jeonghan. He couldn't help but feel a fluttering in his stomach as he held on to the bag. Everyone was usually nice but coming from Yoon Jeonghan it felt different. They had been practically strangers for weeks and he was kind enough to bring him food.

Mingyu hid the snacks under his covers and began to munch on some chips. As he ate, he thought of ways to repay the older boy. Going through a handful of ideas until one seemed perfect. He would help Jeonghan with his confidence. Jeonghan wasn't  a terrible singer but like most, he wasn't ready to be an "idol" just yet.

Just like Mingyu he fit the look; pretty, handsome, visual, eye candy for all the love struck teenage girls that would one day be fans. But Mingyu didn't want to be just that, so he worked extra hard on his vocals and his rapping skills. Now he was determined to see to it that Jeonghan did the same. No one should ever just be labeled a visual, he thought to himself.

Days Later:

The week flew by and Kim Mingyu hadn't found the perfect opportunity to get Jeonghan alone. Evaluation were right around the corner and anxiety was at an all time high. Mingyu looks to his left and right in front of him is Jeonghan. As he turns to walk away, Mingyu catches his arm,"Wait", he urges the older to stay.

"I- I want to thank you for the snacks, let me help you practices," Mingyu shyly offers. Just then Jeonghan takes his hand and directs it towards Mingyu's face, startled Mingyu leans back in his chair. He feels a little intimidated as Jeonghan brushes his hair back. He swallows the feeling and continues on, "You just need a little practice, that's all".

Jeonghan is flattered, astonished that Mingyu offered to help, but so very thankful. "You actually don't know how much this means to me," his eyes light up like Mingyu had only seen a couple of times before. Mingyu had only seen Jeonghan's eyes light up like that with Joshua, and without acknowledging it, sometimes it made him a little jealous.

For a second Mingyu lost himself in Jeonghan's eyes, only to be snapped out of it by the strange laughing noises coming from Dk. Now it was Jeonghan who was mesmerized by Mingyu, as the younger boy began to sing for him. The whole time still hanging onto Jeonghan's hand and their eyes glued on each other. Mingyu stands up and leads Jeonghan around the room," Now you sing and only focus on me," he demands.

Jeonghan's voice oozes out like honey as Mingyu walks him around the room. He feels powerful just by holding onto Mingyu's hand. They come to a complete stop after the first chorus, and Mingyu's shy smile has widened. Jeonghan stands in front of him perplexed, wondering if the smile was satisfaction or if it was funny to hear him sing.

Mingyu with ease pulls Jeonghan in and pokes the sides of his stomach."See, you did amazing," he excitedly compliments Jeonghan. For some reason, even though Mingyu had heard so many great voices in this practice room, Jeonghan's voice soothed him. He wanted to hear more but sadly practice time was over.

Wonwoo interrupts politely, "You ARE eating dinner with me today right?" Mingyu turns and waves goodbye to Jeonghan before walking off with his best friend.

Jeonghan stares down the hall as the two disappear, hoping maybe one day, he and Mingyu will be that close.