Being Royal

Shit. Those damn trumpets. At 9:00 AM, everyday! Why the hell can't I wake up myself?! I hate this lifestyle.

Oh. Let me introduce myself. I'm Myles. Myles Blake Parrish, Prince of the Bay Area. I am the only child of Queen Debbie and King Rodney. My parents love me too much. They are way too over protective. I am never able to do anything for myself. The maids have to do it for me. If I'm hungry, they have to feed me. If I wanna take a shower, they have to wash me. I can't walk without rose petals being thrown at my feet!

I have 10 maids. Alison gives me showers, Demi brushes my teeth, Frida feeds me, Jazman cooks for me, Jennifer drives me places, and Wanda dresses me and fixes my hair. The other 4 throw rose petals at my feet. The rose petal girls go everywhere with me. Its so annoying.

Even in school, they had to throw the rose petals! My life is crazy. Living in a huge mansion with 58 rooms, 20 bathrooms and 3 kitchens. Sometimes, I get lost in my house.

I get up and get ready to take a shower. "Alison!" I yell and she runs to me. "Lets take a shower." I say. Alison has a major crush on me. I don't blame her. Looking at me naked, every, single, day. She strips in front of me and soon both of us are naked. Oh my gosh.

She grabs my hand and takes me to the bathroom. She washes me everywhere and I catch her staring at me again. "Okay. I'm clean. Lets go." I said as she stops staring at me. I turn off the water and we walk back to my bedroom. "Wanda!" I yell and she runs immediately but freezes when she sees me naked. She walks slowly and picks out my clothes. I put them on and she fixes my poof. "Would you like to wear your crown?" She asks. "Nah. I never like that thing." I say.

I get up and the flower girls come to throw petals at my feet. Ugh. I hate this.

I walk downstairs to the dining room and the trumpets start blowing again. Everyone looks over at me and bows down. Why the hell does this has to happen every day? "Myles! Good morning Prince!" Mother says walking up to my giving me a kiss on my forehead. "Hey mother. How are you?" I ask kissing her back. "Me and my husband are doing great. We are so happy... because... you are going to be... 22 tomorrow." She says crying with father holding her in his arms. "Mother, you don't have to cry, you know." I say chuckling a little. Mother cries every year when it is the day before my birthday. It's weird. Really weird. I sit down and I get ready to eat breakfast. Jazman cooked waffles for me. My favorite. I don't see Frida, so I guess I will eat by myself. Then Father had to say something. "No my son! You don't eat by yourself! Frida!! Feed him!" Father yells. 10 seconds later, Frida comes running and begins to feed me and I immediately get angry. "My son! Why are you so angry? Come outside with me." Mother said. She holds my hand like I'm 3 years old, and we go to the porch. The flower girls come running, throwing the petals again, which is making me even angrier. I stop walking. Keep calm, Myles. Keep calm. "Flower girls, can you please not throw the petals at me feet, please." I say softly. Mother and Father give me a death glare and they pull to the porch.

"What the hell is wrong you my son? You are never this angry!" Father yells. "Father, why can't I do things all by myself? Huh? I'm 21, turning 22 tomorrow for crying out loud! And I still don't do things all by myself!" I said. "Come on son. You do do things all by yourself." Mother says. "Mother, when I was five, I tried to wash my hands all by myself and I was grounded for a month!" I said.

"I'm a grown man now. I don't need the maids to do things for me! I can eat all by myself, I can dress myself, I can take a shower by myself! I can do anything by myself!" I say walking away. I go into the house and trumpets blow again. "Stop! Just Stop! I hate that song, that trumpet, everything! Stop!!!" I yell. As I walk to my room, everyone looks scared. They back up quickly. I go to my room and I slam the door.

I wanna live a normal life! I wanna be independent! But instead, I'm still treated like a 5 year old!! When will this stop?!