T w e n t y

The rest of the game, as short lived as it was, flashed by in a blur, and when the whistle finally blew to say it was all over, Jordyn collapsed on the ground, and stared up at the sky

The rest of the game, as short lived as it was, flashed by in a blur, and when the whistle finally blew to say it was all over, Jordyn collapsed on the ground, and stared up at the sky. As she closed her eyes, she could see the faint imprint on her vision of the white block letters that had been printed on Mo's shirt, and she smiled to herself. They didn't give up, not even for a second, and it had all been worth it.

She blinked her eyes open, and sat up, looking around urgently for Mo. The rest of her teammates were celebrating, and crying, and Mo was there, making his way down onto the pitch. Jordyn stood up, and ran to him, and he pulled her into a hug as soon as she reached him, laughing excitedly.

"I told you, no?" He beamed.

"You told us!" She laughed in delight. "You told me I would score, too! And I did!"

"And what a goal!" Mo joined in her laughter. "I wasn't even looking, I had to ask my wife, what happened? Because I didn't see! We had to see the replay on the TV screen."

Jordyn giggled at him, because this was such a Mo thing to do.

"I don't deserve as much credit for that as Trent does," she said. "His brain is massive! Not as big as his ego's going to be after all this, but he deserves it at least!"

"Ah, Trent is humble, he will be alright," Mo grinned at her, knowing full well she was only joking anyway.

They went to join the others, and Virgil sought out his girlfriend once again, pulling her into a tight hug. They stayed like that for a few moments, simply wanting to be as close to one another as possible.

"We deserve this," muttered Virg. "You deserve this. So much."

"We all do," Jordyn replied.

Their teammates were beginning to form a long line facing the Kop, and after a moment Jordyn and Virg joined them, in what would be the most spine chilling rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' they'd ever have the privilege to be a part of. Jordyn felt belated tears begin to slide down her cheeks at the emotion, and Virg chuckled as he saw them, squeezing her side affectionately. In reality, the emotion was too much for any of them to handle, and the best they could do at the time was to take it in as best as they could. There'd never be another night like it, that was for sure.

Getting time to relax away from training was rare at this point of the season, but after a short recovery training session the morning after defeating Barca, they were all sent home to have a chance to relax. Their next league game was not until the end of the week, and champions league aside, they were still very much in the title race for the Premier League. However, after the emotional high from the night before, Klopp wanted to give them time to process it away from the football pitch.

"Hey," said Virg, as he and Jordyn exited the Melwood training grounds together. "Wanna do something together? You can come to mine if you want."

"Sure," Jordyn nodded, looking up at him with a smile. "Mind you I don't know that I want to DO anything..."