Skinny Dipping in the Moonlight

Skinny Dipping in the Moonlight:

"So yeah, she's not my girlfriend;  just a girl."  Justin explains, his eyes drifting back to the moonlit lake - our intertwined fingers dispersing the chaos of what happened at his dorm.  I process his explanation, unsure as to why he feels the need to justify her:  it's not like I care - right?

I skim my eyes over the water, letting the comforting silence engulf us as the view of the park comes through full force - the mixture of moonlight and a warm breeze culminating to present the pinnacle of the park's beauty.  The tune of cooing birds harmonizes with the buzzing street lamps - the bustling night life revealed in the absence of human activity.  A blessing to see really.

"This is a cute place.  Thanks for bringing me here Justin."

"A cute place for a cute boy."  He quickly retorts - followed by his familiarly playful giggle.

"You're such a loser."  I mumble back, the darkness hiding the spreading blush ravaging my cheeks - his close presence not helping.

We watch in unison as two swans swim up to the shore, their necks morphing into the romantic love heart shape - their pure white feathers highlighted through the streaming beads of moonlight.

"Why were you really at my dorm tonight?  I know you didn't come all the way across town just to bring me a jacket."  He forces the question out, the words struggling to push through his lips - his adam's apple constricting as the comfortable aroma is slashed away via his slight question.

"Why did you leave this morning?  I know you didn't have anywhere to be."  I shoot back, deflecting the path of his conversation - pushing the topic away from me.  Our conversation falls into a stalemate silence - our emotions at jeopardy of breaking it.  We both want answers to questions, but don't want to answer questions - an equilibrium of tense silence.

"I don't know why I left, I didn't really want to."  His fingers unravel from beneath mine, as he slides his arm around my neck, pulling my head down onto his shoulder.  "I'm sorry I left."  I nod in acceptance - my disappointment from the morning boiled away through the warmth of his hug.

I audibly inhale his scent in as his free hand ruffles through my hair, my own arms trailing around his waist - our bodies mimicking our once weaved hands:  intertwining as we mould into a comforting embrace.

"Are you going to answer my question?"  He queries, my hair flowing loosely through his fingers, his palm lowering to stroke my cheek.  "Was the only thing that you wanted to happen was to give me my jacket?"  I don't want to answer the question, because, I don't really know the answer - my journey to his room guided by a blind motivation.

"I wanted to make sure we were alright.  I didn't want you to disappear...and not talk to me for a whole week again."  I confess, surprising us both as my tone quivers - weakened by my realisation.

"Nawww, don't worry Eddy - I won't disappear."  I tighten my grip around his waist, savouring the moment - knowing full well that it could disappear any second.  Like it has before.
"I've had enough of looking at this lake..."  He leads, the sentence trailing off as his thoughts fabricate an idea in his head.  "Let's swim in it!"

I'm barely able to process his enthused sentence, before he stands up - stripping his shirt over his head - exposing his strong torso.

"But um-"  I stammer, caught off-guard by the moment.  "We don't have any togs.  So how are we going to go swimming?"

"You don't need togs for skinny dipping Eddy."  He winks at me as he starts playing with his belt buckle, his pants sliding down to his ankle - a pair of thin white briefs protecting himself from exposure.  "Close your eyes kiddo...unless you don't want to, I'm fine with admirers."  I follow obediently, closing my eyes as the material drops to the ground.  I'll keep my eyes closed because there's no way I want to see his big fat c- Nothing.  I don't want to see anything.

The sound of splashing bursts the bubble of tranquility - pierced via the excited cheers of Justin as he dives into the lake.

"Holy shit it's freezing!"  He squeals out, diving back under the water before running his hands through his hair - his attention turning back to me.

"Come and join me Eddy."  I unwillingly shake my head in disapproval, the thought of undressing in front of him eerily nerve wracking.  He's seen me in next-to-nothing, but I don't think I'm as physically impressive as he is.  "Come on!  You have too!  Please Eddy."  His familiar puppy eyes return;  his ability to successfully execute cute and sexy at the same time: breathtakingly impressive.

"Fine.  But...don't look."

"Yessir!"  He mocks, his gaze disappearing as he slides his fingers over his eyes - a sense of privacy restored.  I strip my clothes off, the breeze nipping at every surface of my skin.  

The water greets my toes, a tingle rushing through my body - my arms covering my chest in a meagre attempt to maintain both body warmth and modesty.  Justin's eyes flutter open, the water concealing just enough to prevent a blush from ravaging my cheeks - the cold liquid settling just above my belly button.

"See it's not that bad Eddy....now...I'm going to give you until the count of 3 until you have to dive under the water...or else I'll make you."  He says cheekily, narrowing the distance between us.  "Three..."

"Justin-"  I lead, unsuccessfully finding the humour in his tone.  Shit;  he's not joking.

"Two..."

"Justin please;  it's fucking freezing."  His lips curl into a smile as he walks right up to me, our exposed chests inches apart - his face close enough for me to see the droplets falling off of his cheek, sliding over his plump lips, and into the water.

"One..."  His breath hovers over my face, the chilling water unable to subdue the warmth ignited inside my body - Justin's proximity kindling an internal fire that could melt an iceberg.

"Justin, if you dunk me under I'll kill you."  My pleading falls obsolete, his eyes glimmering as he wraps his arms around my neck.

"Time's up Eddy."

"Justin!"  My scream goes unnoticed, the water submerging us as Justin slams his full body weight onto me - a shock travelling through my body.  Justin's laughter greets my ears as I resurface, shivering from the temperature - my frozen body not finding the same humour in the situation.  "Fuck you Justin, this water is freezing."  I say amidst the chattering of my teeth.

"Well I can solve that problem."  I barely register his response before he swims over from behind me, his arms reaching over my shoulders and pulling me into his body - our naked bodies touching for the first time.  "There - do you feel warmer now?"

"Um...uh...yuh."  I stammer, his hands sliding over my pec, tightening the embrace as I feel something stiffen near my lower back.  The breath in my throat hitches, stolen by Justin's fingers as they descend lower - clinging to my abdomen.

"Turn around, it'll be warmer if we're facing each other."  I oblige, spinning around to face him;  my legs instinctively wrapping around his waist to keep myself afloat - his arms slipping under my lower back for support.

Our eyes lock - the intimate moment amplified by the small distance between us.  My eyes drop down to his lips:  full;  moist;  rosy.  I've stared into these eyes before, but I've never truly appreciated the individual granules of beauty scattered across each iris - his lush green eyes stolen straight from the heavens.

I reach my hand up, stroking Justin's face - his carved features relaxing into my palm as I swipe my hand across his cheek.

"I don't know why."  I begin, caressing the features of his face.  "But...I think I-

"I um- I'm so sorry."  Justin cuts me off - severing our embrace -  pushing away to create a distance between us.

"Justin wait.  What's happening?"  He turns his back to me, pushing himself up out of the water - pulling clothes over his drenched body - his clothes sticking tightly to his skin.

"I can't do this."  He murmurs - the words are barely loud enough for me to comprehend.  Without a word more he departs, leaving me wading alone in the moonlit water - without a clue in the world as to what the fuck just happened.

He did it again.  He just fucking did it again.

A/N

Wow that was heartbreakingly difficult to write;  because, that's not even the ending I expected for the chapter.  But, I guess that's just how the flow of the story ended up.

What do you guys think Justin was going to confess to Justin before he cut him off?  And what do you guys think is going to happen now.  This is a tumultuous story to write - plot-wise and emotionally;  but I'm really enjoying it.

Next chapter will be from Justin's P.O.V, so stay tuned for that! :)

- YOP