Hangovers and Popcorn

Hangovers and Popcorn:

My eyes peel open, the internal pounding in my head mimicking a stampeding army.  I blink, letting my eyes adjust - scanning over the foreign bedroom, a warm hand laying around my waist - my exposed waist - I identify it as Justin's;  his head nuzzled into the nape of neck.  For such an uncommon occurrence , it almost feels, dare I say, natural.

My eyes bulge, scanning over my piled up clothes on the floor - my underwear the only scant piece of clothing left to protect my exposed body.  My heartbeat picks up as I stare at the other pile of clothing adjacent to mine.  Justin's bare chest clings against me, his slumbering grip tightening as he wriggles closer - cuddling me;  holding me;  cradling me.

I take in my surroundings, the surprisingly tidy room, sparse with decoration.  A bright red Buckingham banner hangs proudly from the wall, complimenting Justin's jacket draped over his desk chair;  the blue pocket a stand out in a sea of red - strangely comforting for some reason.

I take in the desk more, identifying the scattered stationery;  pausing suddenly - my eyes locking onto a condom packet.  The breath in my throat hitches - awakening me from my tired daze.  I flip over, coming face-to-face with Justin, his breath swiping softly across my face.

"Justin."  I whisper out, his eyes fluttering open - tired lenses staring back at me.

"Why did you wake me up Eddy?  I really like sleeping."  His whining tone abolished away as soon as his lips roll into his playful smirk.  Our eyes are connected;  the minute distance enabling me take in all of his features - his plump lips an inch away.

I gulp.  Preparing myself for a question I don't want the answer to.

"Did we...yaknow...have...um...I don't know how to say.  Did we do anything last night?  Cause our clothes are on the floor...and we're in the same bed..and we were both super drunk...and there's a condom wrapper..." Justin's face turns red, unsure as to whether its a blush, or his stifled laughter.

"First of all Eddy, if we did anything last night you would know.  Trust me.  And no we didn't."  He pushes himself up onto his elbow, looking downwards at me from his newly elevated level.  "You got absolutely wasted last night, so wasted that I had to carry you to the uber.  And I just brought you back to mine because I live closer."  I feel a sense of relief flow through my body - his charming smile matching his engulfing presence.  "That's from this chick I banged the other night."  He adds on, as he readjusts himself. 

"I've got to take a piss."  He announces before reaching over me, his chest grazing against mine as he climbs out of bed - an unexplained tingling sensation rushing throughout.  Despite my resistance, my eyes slowly scan up his body - a defined trapezium complimenting his well toned lower half.  I snap my gaze away.  What the fuck are you looking at Edmond?  The material?  Yeah.  The Material.

My ringtone snaps me out of my daze, my hands ruffling through the pile on the floor to find my phone.

"Hello?"

"Morning Edmond baby!  I hope I didn't wake you!  I wanted to surprise you and take you to the movies tonight!  I know that you love the movies."  I sigh internally, the thought of sitting through another rom-com already exhausting my sleep-deprived brain - and I haven't even watched it yet.

"Yeah baby.  That sounds good.  I'll see you tonight.  Love you baby."  Justin walks back out of the bathroom as the last words leave my mouth, an amused look on his face.

"Love you baby."  He mimics back to me, rubbing my chin with his finger - laughing in response as I recoil my neck.

"You're such a loser."  I retort back - grabbing the clothes off of the floor and getting dressed.  "Anyways.  I gotta go now.  Thanks for last night, it was the most fun I've had in a long time."

"Wait bro, before you go."  He reaches into his pocket, pulling out his phone.  "What's your number?  I'll need it for the next time I have to break into your Uni."  I ponder the request silently, contemplating whether to hand Justin - thief of the Riseford Cup which is still being searched for - my number.  I relent, sending a text from his phone to mine.

"There.  But next time you text me, it better be about how bummed you are when we beat you in a football match."  He feigns hurt, resting his hand over his still exposed chest - and what a fine chest it is.  

"Okay.  I really do have to go now.  Thanks for letting me stay."  

"Anytime baby."  His continued mockery evoking the slightest giggle from me.  I turn to leave, pausing as he says my name. 

"Hey Eddy."  Our eyes connect, his hand tucked behind his back.  "Don't forget your teddy bear."  He reaches it out to me - the heart shaped nose a reminder of last night's adventure.  I grab it and bid him farewell, clutching the bear tightly as I make my way back to my own University.

"Bye Baby!"  He screams out as I exit - muffled laughter trapped behind the door as I close it.  He's such a dork.

**********

I fiddle around with the popcorn, Tralee's fingers wrapped around mine, her eyes too engulfed by the screen to notice my obvious boredom.  I cross my legs, the consequences from downing my drink too fast catching up to me.  If this movie doesn't end soon - I'm going to piss myself.

It feels like an eternity before the lights turn back on.  Tralee cheers excitedly, before slipping her hand back into mine as we make our way back out into the lobby.

"Ew babe.  Look."  Tralee spits out.  My eyes flick up from my phone, scanning the crowded reception area - unable to locate the target of Tralee's disdain.  I dismiss her comment and leave her as I walk to the bathroom - her eyes stuck aggressively on the crowd.

I pull down my pants and let Niagara Falls free - if this is what Heaven feels like - then Heaven is amazing.  I dismiss the creaking door in the background, zipping my pants up and retying my belt buckle.  

My body freezes in shock as someone behind me slaps my ass.  I spin around instantly - Justin looking at me - his humoured face holding in a laugh.  Out of shock I fall back, Justin's arm wrapping around me - securing me from cascading into the urinal.

"What the fuck Justin.  You scared the shit out of me.  And don't touch me or my ass - that's pretty gay dude."  I release his hand and walk to the sink, letting the hot water run over my fingers, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion at my haste rejection.

"You didn't mind when I was holding you last night."  He says - the words muffled under his breath, the sentence barely reaching my ears - I ignore it, unsure if I heard it right - finishing up my hand washing and chucking away the paper towel.

"Well.  Um.  I gotta go back to my girlfriend now - she's waiting outside."  Justin leans on the wall in silence, his enticing gaze communicating an entire book of nothing.  Captivating;  enchanting;  bewitching - an array of adjectives available to describe the trance he puts me in.

"There's something you should know about your girlfr-"  He pauses his sentence, my eyes looking at him cautiously as he swipes the sentence away.  "Never mind.  I'm not stopping you.  Ya better get on going then Eddy."  I rest my hand on the handle, an intangible force almost unwilling to let me leave him.

"Maybe I'll text you later?  Or I can let you through my window again tonight?"

"Probably not a good idea.  I don't know how much your little girlfriend would like that Eddy."  The words leave his mouth so confidently - a contrast to the building awkwardness arising in the room.

"Yeah.  Um.  Well I'm gonna go out to see Tralee now."  He nods - his silence once again conversing an uncodable message.  With one final look at his face, I leave the bathroom - the door sliding closed behind me.

Tralee leans against the wall, startled as I place my hands on her shoulders.  "Edmond!  Holy shit baby you scared me!"  She squeals out.

"Sorry.  I didn't mean to creep up on you like that.  Anyways.  What was it you were telling me before I went to the bathroom?"  She slips her fingers between mine - like a snake wrapping around a rat - eerily less comfortable then usual.

"The Buckingham football team is here."  My eyes lock onto the bright blue colours of Buckingham standing in the line.  I know - I think silently to myself, not wanting to alert her about who I was in the bathroom with.

"We better go then."  We say in unison, looking at each other strangely - both of us unsure of the simultaneous desire to avoid Buckingham

"Why do you want to leave so fast?"  I ask her, pondering her relationship with Buckingham - a rivalry University that we only see in school competitions.

"Let's just go babe.  They're probably still angry about losing to Riseford last time, we don't want them to see you with a super hot girl and get jealous."  She brushes off the question, pulling my arm and leading me out of the theatre in a rush.  The harsh winter air nips my skin.  If only I had a nice thick jacket to keep me warm right now.

The walk back to our student dorms is silent - neither of us wanting to start the inevitable round of questions that will take us where we don't want to go.

"Goodnight baby."  Tralee says as she plants a kiss on my cheek, hurrying inside to her student dorm - leaving me alone outside. 

What the fuck just happened?  What the fuck was Justin going to say?  And what the fuck was up with Tralee?

A/N

Hey guys!  Thanks for reading another chapter!  What do y'all think happened?  Do you think Justin was going to say anything juicy - and if so, what was it?

Maybe this is the end of Justin and Eddy - who knows.  Tune into the next chapter to find out! :)

Stay blessed,

- YOP