162: I don't love you

Comenzar desde el principio

She shook her head, slamming those insidious bubbles of hope that threatened to appear. She no longer wanted a chance with him, even if he begged her for it he could shove those thoughts up his ass. He had hurt her enough and this would be the last straw.

"That's...true?"

Amber finished his sentence for him, shaking her head. She was tired of having to deal with JieMi. This was getting old. Too old. She hated having to face the same sort of disappointment and sorrow over and over again. It was exhausting and she felt stuck with JieMi going all hot and cold, nice and mean. She wanted it to just end so that she could move on.

"Amber, I'm sure this is all just a misunderstanding—" Da-Hee raised her hands trying to dispel the tension between them.

"It is not a misunderstanding," Amber snapped out, glaring harshly at JieMi. "You don't understand. I don't want to go into details for you, ma'am. But we have a body exchange and a body flicker soul bond."

She bit out harshly, bunching her frock in her fist as the anger that she had swallowed down spilled forth from her lips. "He has a girlfriend, a girlfriend that he likes to do things with. What do you think I have seen?" She chuckled, the sound airy and empty as her mind threw her image after image of his infidelity like a fucking slideshow. It sounded sad. A little too sad. "He knows that I've caught him doing it more than once. Has he stopped? No," she glared at him. "Not at all."

JieMi winced at her words, drawing in a sharp breath from between clenched teeth and his mother caught his reaction. Da-Hee blanched, her face paling as she understood the implications of her words. Her head whipping from Amber to JieMi as she began to understand the truth of their relationship.

"You're talking about Ha-Eun?" Da-Hee gasped, turning to JieMi. "Son, you can't be serious about her. This is your soulmate we are talking about. Son!" She gripped onto JieMi's arms shaking him frantically. His expression was odd. It was a confusing mix of pain and frustration, grief and irritation. Amber didn't know what to make out of it.

Everything about Wang JieMi confused her.

It was at that point when Sieon seemed to have had enough. He stood up abruptly, moving to the two of them as he gestured to the door. "Mrs Wang," he said simply. "Our soulmate is hurt. Please leave, we don't want to agitate her until our bonds are stable again." Sieon simmered into a dark expression, shooting a deep glare at JieMi. "He has done enough damage to our soul bonds."

"But, JieMi! Say something!" Da-Hee beseeched, her lips trembling as she held him, shaking his hand. "What are you doing? Why are you doing this? JieMi! You can't be serious with Ha-Eun. You can't! She's not your soulmate!"

He stiffened and Amber watched as darkness drifted over his eyes, resolve filling his frame. His face went taut, unyielding in his frustration, as he hid his emotions behind the cold mask that she was more accustomed to seeing. But JieMi did not deserve to be angry. Heat burned in her chest, the flames within her roaring forth demanding her to slap the bastard.

"But I don't know Amber..." JieMi began to say, a soft expression on his face as he tried to beseech his mother to listen to him.

"That doesn't mean anything!" Da-Hee spoke sharply, tightening her grip on his arm. "If you gave her the time you would get to know her better. You just need to give Amber a chance! Break up with your girlfriend quickly and leave."

Her words seemed to snap a chord within JieMi. "I can't just leave my girlfriend of a year! What kind of person do you think I am? Ha-Eun deserves more than that, she's suffered so much because of me, I—"

Shit. Amber inhaled and exhaled. Was this his real reason for staying with her? He just felt bad that Ha-Eun was one of the Lonely and he was not? Her breath hitched in her throat. She swallowed the bitter lump in her throat. It made Amber seem like the bad guy, it made her seem as if she were the third party stepping in to their relationship. The girlfriend of the husband cheating on his wife.

And it sucked.

"So you're staying with Ha-Eun because you promised her too much?" Amber couldn't help but ask. "You're with her because you feel sorry for her?"

"No!" JieMi bit back, turning his head to her. "It's more than that! It's my—" He froze, his eyes widening then he faltered, stammering out another reply. "I love her," he said softly. Then he nodded to himself. "I love her."

His mother was angry, her eyes flashing with her fury as she barked out the words. "This is very foolish of you! Apologise to Amber right this instant! You are risking your entire life here, young man!" His face twisted, and a flicker of agony danced forth once again.

"Son, you have to apologise!" Da-Hee snapped, pulling him forward in her attempt to get him to see reason. "You were not meant for Ha-Eun, eventually you will grow sick of her. You will grow tired of her. Your souls were not meant to be! You have to apologise before it's too late!"

Too late? Amber huffed. It was already too fucking late for JieMi. She would never accept an apology from him. And he seemed to know that. JieMi's lips twisted, and he struggled to speak, his emotions battling within his frame. Then he opened his mouth, turning to look at her with those stormy eyes and poison poured forth from his lips adding to the hatred she already had for him.

"I'm sorry but I love Ha-Eun. I don't love you."