Chapter One

"Billie Joe, please, please open the door!" Tre yelled and pounded on Billie's door. Billie crawled out of bed, quickly running down the stairs. From the sound of someone beating on the door, he knew something was wrong.

He opened the door to reveal a scared Tre. He was shaking, shivering, crying, bruised and bloody. Billie gasped at the sight of his best friend like this. He grabbed Tre's hand and pulled him inside, shutting the door and locking it behind them.

"What happened?" Billie asked quickly.

"I-I was just laying there and he-he-" Tre stuttered and burst into tears.

Billie wrapper his arms around Tre and hugged him tightly. "Hush. Hush. You're okay now. I'm here for you. No one is gonna hurt you." Billie whispered soothingly in his best friends ear.

"Sit. I'll get you a blanket and some water." Billie said, helping Tre to the couch. He sat him down and quickly got him a warm blanket and cold water.

"I'm not even going to ask if you're okay, because you're obviously not. We need to clean you up, and after, you need to tell me what happened, okay?"

Tre shakily took a sip of the water, holding it into his hot mouth before swallowing it. He gave Billie a shaky nod.

"Okay. Good. Come on, I'll help you into the bathroom."

Tre stood up, his legs shaking. Billie picked him up, carrying him upstairs and into the bathroom. He sat him down gently on the sink. Billie pulled out a washcloth and wet it with cold water.

Gently and carefully, Billie patted Tre's lip, cleaning the blood away. Tre winched in pain, so Billie stopped.

"You don't look so good. You look really tired." Billie whispered and patted the washcloth over the cut by Tre's eyebrow.

"Yeah. I am." Tre whispered, his voice still trembling. Billie picked Tre up again and carried him into his bedroom. He laid Tre down on the bed and laid the washcloth over his bruised and swollen cheek.

"You don't have to tell me what happened tonight, but I need to know in the morning. Okay?"

Tre sighed. "Okay. In th-the morning."

Billie nodded and ran his fingers through Tre's damp hair. "You gonna be okay?"

Tre nodded. "Y-yeah. I think so. Th-thanks."

Billie smiled. "Anything for you. I'll sleep on the couch, you sleep here. Goodnight."

"No! Pl-please don't leave me alone. I-I-"

"Shh. It's okay. I'll stay." Billie whispered. He laid beside Tre and wrapped his arm around him. He could feel Tre shaking under him. He knew neither of them would get any sleep, but he didn't mind. They laid there, in silence, but a comforting silence. Tre as just happy someone was here with him. And Billie Joe was anxious to get answers in the morning.