Chapter Four

Mike sat on his bed, a notebook in his lap and a pen between his fingers. He stared at the blank paper, trying to come up with ideas to create Trillie.

"Hmmm... let's see..." Mike mumbled to himself as he tapped the pen against his chin. "Tre is sad. So... maybe... this is difficult. Oh my god. And now I'm talking to myself."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He just had to get Billie and Tre together.

"Hmmm... maybe I should see what they think about each other first." He whispered to himself before hoping out of bed and slipping on his shoes.

Mike nearly ran the whole way to Billie Joe's, but it wasn't too far away anyway. He pecked on the door, and waited impatiently as Tre opened the door.

"Hey, Mike." He said, moving out of the way, allowing Mike to come inside.

"Good day, Tre. Is Billie here?"

Tre shook his head. "No, he just left a few minutes ago. Whatcha need?"

"I need to talk to you." Mike said sitting down and pulling Tre down beside him. "What do you think of Billie?"

"What do you mean?"

"On his looks, what would you rate him on a scale from 1-10?"

"Umm... about a seven or eight I guess."

Mike grinned. "That's pretty high. So, he's hot, huh?"

Tre blushed. "Uh, sure."

"Good good. What's your favorite thing about him?"

"I-I don't know."

"Does he have a nice smile?"

Tre nodded. "Yeah, I guess so."

"And he makes you feel happy, right?"

Tre nervously picked at his fingers and nodded. "Yeah."

Mike smiled widely. "That's great. Are you ready to move on with your love life yet?"

"I-I don't know. It still kinda hurts, you know. So... I'm not sure."

He nodded and shook Tre's hand. "Thank you for your time."

"Why are you asking me those questions?" Tre asked suspiciously.

"No reason. Just asking."

"Do you like Billie?" Tre asked. Mike chuckled.

"Me? No. But I know a friend who may like him." Mike said, wiggling his eyebrows. Tre just shrugged and rubbed his tired eyes.

"Well, I'll be going. I'll talk to you later. Hope you feel better." Mike said. He gave Tre a hug before leaving.

Tre stared out the window, watching as small raindrops hit the ground. He wanted Billie to come back. He just wanted to be held again. He just wanted to be in Billie's arms.

After a few lonely, quiet hours, Billie returned. Tre was quick to hug him and sigh in relief.

"I missed you, Billie Joe." Tre whispered. Billie smiled and hugged his friend tightly.

"I missed you too, Tre. Are you feeling better?"

Tre shrugged. "Maybe a little bit."

Billie nodded. "You should get some rest. You look tired."

Tre sighed and nodded before heading upstairs and into bed. He pulled the cover over his chin and closed his crystal eyes, almost immediately falling into a deep sleep.