Our Irreplaceable Member

Start from the beginning

As she turns around, she sees the voice being Jimin. His neat fingers holding her hem catch her eyes.

"I need to talk to you in private. Come here for a sec..." Jimin pulls onto her sleeve as he leads her to a private area just for the two. "Taehyung's his same bright and cheerful self, but I think he might be really bothered. When we shot the group log a while ago..."

*Flashback*

"I'll stand back and watch! The camera won't see me. But I'm with you in spirit!" Taehyung says with two thumbs up at the boys.

"January 11, 2013. I practiced the Matrix dance routine today...This won't be uploaded either. What a bummer..."

*Flashback ends*

"The other day, he seemed really hesitant to bring it up, but he asked me..."

*Flashback*

"...Am I not good enough? Jimin, what do you think? What if...I get kicked out of the group...?" Taehyung asks as he looks down the ground with a disappointed tone.

*Flashback ends*

(Y/N)'s heart stops for a second, she feels her eyes welling with tears as she is shocked by what was just revealed. She had no idea Taehyung was worrying about that! No matter what her intent was, she clearly hurt Taehyung's feelings.

*Timeskip*

Hoping to make things right, (Y/N) looks around for Taehyung. Only to find him sitting alone in the practice room.

"...Taehyung." (Y/N) softly says as she sits next to him.

He slowly raises his head and looks at her. His trademark vibrant smile has disappeared. Instead, his mouth is drawn into a firm, grim line. "...I realized...I don't bring anything to the group. Maybe that's why I'm the hidden member..."

(Y/N) feels a ton amount of guilt weight down on her. 'Ugh, just great! He's got it totally wrong. I wanted to hide him because I'm worried about some other manager poaching him! I need to make this right this instant! I need to tell him the real reason I did this!'

She places her hand on his shoulder gaining his attention, "Taehyung...I never wanted to hurt you, never. The reason why I hid you was because...I was afraid that another agency would notice your talent and steal you! I saw you'd gotten yourself all those business cards from talent scouts, which means you have other options besides this agency, so..."

Taehyung breaks out into laughter, his vibrant smile is returning. "Why are you so worried about that? Those cards are the perfect size to fold into cranes! Actually, it worked out alright. Besides worrying about what you thought about me...This gave me the chance to think about myself. It made me realize that I have good friends who truly care for me. But most of all, it made it clear that this is the place I really belong!"

Taehyung goes silent, deep in thought. After a moment, he smiles and opens his mouth again. "But...try not to hide me for too long. I'll get sad again if you do!" Taehyung smiles mischievously as if he's trying to set (Y/N) at ease.

Though he's trying to ease her, she can't help but think to herself. 'Am I doing the right thing?'

"Taehyung, please know that you're a talented, sweet, and irreplaceable member of this group. I would never even think about you not being in it. It would never be the same without you here with us because you bring so much more into this group than you think. There's only one of you in this world and I would be scared to lose someone like you..." (Y/N) looks down at the floor with a grim expression on her face.

She feels his hand lift up the side of her jaw and brings her eyes to meet up with his.

He looks at her with a sincere look, "Don't worry too much about it, okay? You did it for a reason and I'm happy that reason wasn't because you didn't like me. I'm glad you care about me so much that you're afraid to lose me, but you shouldn't. I'm not going anywhere." He slowly slides his hand up from her jaw to her cheek, looking deep in her eyes. "To be honest, I could never ask for a better manager or friend to ask for. You're the one who brought all these amazing friends and moments to me. Thank you, (Y/N). I've never been so lucky to meet someone like you."

They both stare at each other in such sweet silence for a moment, until Taehyung starts taking his other hand and places it on her other cheek, his eyes dilating a bit as he is gazing at her. (Y/N) looks at him in confusion, uncertain of what that new look is supposed to mean.

He snaps himself out of it before he starts confusing her anymore. He brings one of his hands to the back of her neck and leans her head on his shoulder as he pulls her into a tight, but gentle hug and starts stroking her soft, beautiful, (H/C) locks. As (Y/N) is lying her head down on his shoulder, Taehyung is blushing hard, 'What am I doing? What the heck am I thinking?! I seriously have to snap out of this...Ah, (Y/N)...I wish I could show you how I really feel for you...but right now is not a good time. And I don't know...if there ever will be a right time.'

She relaxes a bit by his warm hold, but then opens her mouth to speak, "Taehyung...I've come to a decision."

Taehyung pulls back from the hug and looks at her while tilting his head, "Huh? About what?"

"I can't hide you for any longer, I feel like it's time...We're going to reveal you, Taehyung."

Taehyung's eyes bug out wide in shock, "Whaaat??? Really? You're being serious?!"

"Yeah! Let's reveal you in the next practice video we upload! It's time to show the world our secret weapon, Kim Taehyung AKA V!" (Y/N) smiles bright as she gently takes hold of Taehyung's hands.

Taehyung can't help but smile widely, he looks like he's about to cry. "Wow....Wowowow!!!"

"How do you feel?"

Taehyung's smile disappears and changes his expression to a troubled one, "Ah...I have a problem."

(Y/N) tilts her head, her eyebrows furrowing, "A problem?"

"What kind of stylish clothes should I wear? What did I have again...This won't do, I'm gonna hurry and go check my closet!" Taehyung jumps up from his spot. He bends down and grabs (Y/N)'s hand and starts leading the way.

(Y/N), puzzled to why she's being dragged, asks, "W-Wait a sec! Taehyung, where are you taking me?!"

He looks back with his signature boxy smile, "You're coming to help me choose my clothes! I might need your help with this. After all, this is a really special opportunity you've given me and I need your assistance to look my best!"

(Y/N) stands there looking a little mazed but then smiles brightly as she runs beside him, "All right! Let's go!! Can't waste any time!"
.
.
.
The two run through the dorms like a pair of kids, enjoying the moments they are spending with each other, even if it's just searching for the right outfit.